HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vsxp

Vsxp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I didn't know about that option for the companies, I think that Dell does the same thing too. I believe that HP doesn't really change the layout according the language. The German QWERTZ keyboard for example keeps the 1line Enter key of the Int/US version.

2. Luterin

Luterin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's what I am afraid of, but I really hope they do change the layout, or else I'll have to look for something else. :(

I especially prefer a different version of the enter key, but most important is the key next to the left shift, that us layout doesn't have. Between shift and Z.

3. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It is not a Best Buy exclusive. It is the $999.99 version on the HP site, Model 4002dx. It is the one I bought.

Regards, Jim

4. GBO323

GBO323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Windows Update popped up a driver update for the 7265 WIFI card. When I ran the Intel Driver Update utility, nothing showed up....and I do NOT install Windows Update-provided drivers. Your thoughts?

5. Dayton

Dayton Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have found the drivers from HP to be the most consistent and thus the best. I have let Windows Update install drivers and tried to keep current with what became available from intel, yet I always go back to the latest from HP. I suggest just running "Check for HP updates" and maybe relying on intel for HD 5500 drivers if one games at all.

6. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I generally agree, but upgrading from F.04 to F.11a and F.12a crippled my Battery Bar Pro app. And HP tech support told me that a BIOS change could not cripple a program. Anyway I was able to go back to F.04 and everything is back to normal. At least HP has the option to go back.

Regards, Jim

7. shizzle

shizzle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Where are all the QHD owners?
    Let me know about brightness and battery please.

I switched my x360 for the XPS13 QHD version. I cannot live without QHD anyore :) But I also want it to be convertible ...

8. shizzle

shizzle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  9. stormythecat

stormythecat Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello people, ive been following the thread for thread some time now. I have the FHD screen version and I noticed the other day some backlight bleeding only in black background and dark ambience at max brightness on the right and bottom edges. Is this normal on IPS screens ? Should I return it for a new one ? Thanks

http://i62.tinypic.com/15q6glv.jpg

10. Guy Oren

Guy Oren Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What is the battery time in normal use and full brightness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.