HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

1. wdreamsmaycome

wdreamsmaycome Newbie

Reputations:
    also, as a P.S. if you put the x360 in tablet mode and you connect it to an external display, can you use the internal keyboard? meaning, say I have a large monitor on my desk, can I put the x360 face down and use it as a keyboard connected to it? or when you put it in tablet mode the keyboard deactivates no matter what

2. ctdw

ctdw Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Running the screen in non native resolution is never as good as running the native resolution. It is visible to me, just like the brightness difference.

The apps I use all day do not handle scaling well so I would never use it in QHD since I would need to enable scaling. Many line of business apps do not handle scaling well based on my experience (I run a network/computer services firm). I love the sharpness of QHD and 4K but until all of my apps work well with scaling it's not the right option for me. This was the same issue when the Retina Mac's first came out...many apps actually looked worse.

3. skriefal

skriefal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

You can use the recovery tools built into Windows 8. Control Panel > Recovery > Create a recovery drive. Have a >= 16GB USB flash drive ready.

4. Kiko1200

Kiko1200 Newbie

Reputations:
    quick Q on i7 or i5: how is the temperature on the two, does the far run more on one vs the other?

i can use the extra processing power but fan usage and noise as the machine gets older is as important. Most of the time the machine would be used for home use browsing, office, movies but on occasion i work from home

5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops MY FRIENDS CALL ME JEFF!

Reputations:
    Entirely reasonable. Everyone's circumstances are different.

6. Luterin

Luterin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone have a Swedish or Nordic version of the Spectre X360, and can share an image of the keyboard layout, please?

7. bobcatmvp1

bobcatmvp1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just an FYI, I replaced the stock 256GB SSD in my Spectre x360 and replaced it with a Samsung SM951, the average results are:

upload_2015-5-13_20-6-5.png

8. lovelaptops

Reputations:
    I'm sorry, but for North American dudes, regardless of age or marital status, the idea of an already sleek, lanky computer coming out in "Swedish or Nordic version" sounds like the punch line of a bad computer nerd joke :D I do hope you Scandinavians do get in on this great machine, and please pardon the manners of the "bad me" for making such a comment!:cool:

Now that's just showing off in a really big way. Seriously, those are some scary fast numbers - congrats!

9. lovelaptops

Reputations:
    Kind of reminds me of the Dell XPS15. Bear in mind, this device, like most others launched on a high pedestal, has had a series of take downs over various issues with the earlier production runs. I haven't owned one but flirted with doing so and spend a fair bit of time lurking on the XPS15 thread and came to believe it's a pretty fine machine, which meets or exceeds all of your criteria, but like any ultra high end device will have its naysayers. Probably worth purchasing with a 30 day return privilege.

10. wdreamsmaycome

wdreamsmaycome Newbie

Reputations:
    I thought the x360 had a msata connection so would be limited to sata speeds regardless? the sm951 is pcie, how is it working?

where is the SSD btw? looking at this picture

http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2015/02/hp_spectre_x360_guts-100570548-orig.jpg

is it the little square top left? I thought all msata ssds had two holes for screws but that seems to have one in the middle, or is the msata ssd somewhere else?