HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgwallbank

tgwallbank Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Subjectively I found the screen brightness of the QHD screen too low for my older eyes and I was not too keen on the smaller text ect. I returned my QHD for the 1080 screen and have been very happy with it. I'm in the UK.

2. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here in Greece we are a small country and luckily we don't have such problems - we have other bigger ones, you know! 99% i will have it tomorrow, i will be extremely happy to share my initial thoughts with you.

3. alkpit

Reputations:
    Ok, i just got it and opened the box. The machine is simply spectacular. Love at first sight.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    gadgetrants likes this.
  4. heavenly_wild

heavenly_wild Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How exciting. Look forward to a mini review soon!!

5. alkpit

Reputations:
    My early thoughts about the machine:

-The build quality is exceptional. Spectre x360 looks wonderful and sexy in your hands.
    -The keyboard is very good. The notorious backlight key that is always on doesn't bother me but heh, i would prefer it if i was able to switch it off.
    -Trackpad is good. I have some problems with clicks, primary and left, but it is my first time i use such a trackpad(i always had cheap plastic laptops) and i will have to get used to it
    -Totally quiet, except for when the fan kicks in very rarely and for just some seconds, which isn't loud at all neither
    -Runs a bit warm under but nothing to be worried about
    -Display looks great. However, i find the touchscreen to be not as smooth as i would like it to be. I think it is a a bit hard to the finger, if you know what i mean.
    -Battery life:i cannot tell for sure because i shut it down or make it sleep for some hours but i guess it can easily last for 9 hours.

Overall, i love it. I watched a movie in tent and tablet mode and it was great, really convenient. Ι am looking forward to start taking it with me on my trips.

gadgetrants likes this.
  6. alkpit

Reputations:
    important note: what browser do you use? I didn't try Chrome because many users say it drains battery so i played between IE 11 and Firefox. Conclusion: two-finger scrolling and touch in IE is vastly superior! The difference, especially in scrolling, is ridiculous and IE seems faster, too. It's the first time i use IE after many years and i'm impressed since everyone keeps *****ing about it.

What about you?

GBO323 likes this.
  7. madmook

madmook Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, IE11 is very smooth with touchpad scrolling, it is the same with the Dell XPS 13 (2015), whereas Firefox is rougher. It's kinda forced me to use IE more now, so it's a good thing that IE11 is at least half-way decent.

I hope sometime in the future Firefox is able to have the same smoothness with touchpad scrolling. I don't know whether it's a Microsoft thing or a Mozilla thing as I'm not a computer programmer, so I hope someone else here can shed some light on this?

8. alkpit

Reputations:
    Yes, even finger scrolling is much smoother in IE11, after all. The overall difference in smoothness is almost unbelievable, even suspicious i could say.

I can't wait for W10 and Microsoft Edge, it will be probably very fast and smooth and perfect for W10.

9. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I am getting about 9.5 hours of battery life using IE 11 in Metro mode, not in desktop mode. I recently switched from Chrome because of the hype about power consumption of Chrome. It has taken some time, but I am getting to like IE Metro mode a lot.

Regards, Jim

10. heavenly_wild

heavenly_wild Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What is the highest resolution a 1080p version can output to? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.