HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlr

dlr Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi vnwhite, are you still happy with your laptop? How about battery life, and also brightness of the QHD screen? I've read a report that claimed that it was too dark, what would you say? Your answer would be appreciated, I need to order tomorrow, thanks ;)

2. GJempire11

GJempire11 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Johny,

Thank you so much! Oddly, I had to uninstall the touchpad driver - 18.1.30.16Mar15 - and then use HP Support Assistant to update to 18.1.30.16Apr11. The setting for the right button zone appeared after the update and the touchpad is now working perfectly. Again, thanks for the help.

3. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, i finally ordered the model i wanted from the beginning (i5, FHD, 8GB, 256 SSD) by a local store that imports from the US. I'm going to have it in about 10 days and i can't wait.

4. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Congratulations!!

Best regards, Jim

alkpit likes this.
  5. LP119

LP119 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can I ask you if you're from Canada because I'd like to know how I could use a local store to import the same version as you because the only model available in canada is the i7, 128SSD, which is truly a weird configuration.

Thanks!

6. alkpit

Reputations:
    Hi

I'm nowhere near Canada, i actually live in Greece - quite funny... This configuration is truly weird, i would expect that in Canada you would have more options, or could buy easily from the States. I hope you find a way.

Greetings, Chris

7. vnwhite

vnwhite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry, just got back from our ranch in South Texas where the internet is non-existent and just saw your question...

Yes, the QHD is somewhat dim, probably around 250-325 cd/m2, but I don't trust my Spyder4Pro's reading of 240. Anyway, full brightness is sufficient for very bright conference rooms. The screen is also a bit too reflective. Both of these issues make it less useable outside in sunlight, but neither of these issues have impacted my usage and the QHD screen has been terrific for editing photos in Lightroom. Battery life is great (I've never had to go searching for an outlet with my usage) and I'm overall extremely happy with the laptop.

nightscrawler and dlr like this.
  8. alkpit

Reputations:
    UPDATE: My Spectre x360 arrived just today in Greece, to my extreme surprise as i was waiting it a week later. That means i will have it in my hands the day after tomorrow. I'm so excited!

GBO323 likes this.
  9. madmook

madmook Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I say until the box is firmly placed into your hands, do not make any attempts at tempting the shipping gods. They can smell early shipment anticipation from far away and they love turning that smile upside down. :eek:

10. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I had a Lenovo get to Salt Lake City, next stop my house. Then nothing for a couple of days. The next tracking status had it in Melborne, Australia! I hope this doesn't happen to Alkpit.

Regards, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.