]]>

HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

1. rriehle

rriehle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For anyone who performed a fresh install and is having problems with the webcam:

I resolved problems with a webcam error and Windows Hello not recognizing it after a fresh install of Windows 10 (1709) on my HP Spectre x360 (15-bl112dx) with TrueVision FHD RGB-IR by re-enabling some windows services that I had disabled when trying to reduce my footprint... I believe the culprit was Windows Camera Frame Server. I switched the startup type from Disabled to Manual (triggered) and the errors went away. Windows Hello also started recognizing the camera face recognition capabilities. This has nothing to do with the driver or missing software!

2. rriehle

rriehle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I had to return the 15 inch model twice because of quality issues - the first time was related to the speakers - they sounded like they were blown and most likely I imagine they just weren't insulated snugly so they were very fuzzy and anything but the lowest volume. The second time was because of the video card. I tested it with Dragons Age inquisition and it would overheat and fail after merely seconds. I initially thought it was a driver issue but it was a quality issue. I returned it one more time and alas... no issues and same exact setup and steps configuring it as the second one. The model number of the one I settled on is 15-bl112dx. The only complaint I may have about it so far is that the fan runs a lot. I am making some tweaks to my fresh windows install to reduce that but I also read that one can just reduce the performance setting in the bios from "performance" to "balanced" if it becomes too annoying.

3. Duncan1977

Duncan1977 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Just wanting to see if I'm alone here - I bought a Kaby Lake R 15" 8550u X360 (15-bl151na) from PCWorld in the UK, there was no SKU listed, and the SKU on the box is shown as "Dixons 216952", anyhow - the installed RAM is clocked at 2667mhz, and the CPU has been TPD Up'd to 1.99ghz...

Does anyone else have an uprated version, or could this be hinted at being a Dixons / PCW "exclusive"?

Thanks for thoughts.

4. NYCtech

NYCtech Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Ryzen 7 2700U (15w) Review (Acer Swift 3) vs Ryzen 5 2500U (25w) (HP Envy x360) vs i7-8550U (Acer Aspire E15)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700U Vega 10 "Adrenalin" vs. Nvidia GeForce MX150 (Intel i7-8550U) in 7 Games

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Integrated GPU Vega packs quite a punch, if only they could ramp up gpu core clocks and memory clocks, it will close the gap between MX150 and Vega 10

hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'm wondering if a little tuning with AMD tools can help, usually the guys reviewing don't go through the process of tuning for best performance.

Hopefully someone here on NBR can tune for best performance and we can see what they can do.

As noted in his recent video the Acer 2700u power limit is set for 15w, even though it was designed for 25w - perhaps too loud when cooling at full power? - so we need to find a 2700u 25w "full power" implementation to use for testing.

The HP x360 2500u has full power 25w, hopefully HP will release a full power 25w 2700u model soon. :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.