HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

1. jg0517

jg0517 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just purchased the 2017 kaby lake spectre x360 from best buy. I am interested in getting a usb-c monitor and have spent a few hours looking at some of the different options out there. Would like to get a 4k 27" screen, but it seems like all of them require you to compromise a bit. Plus there is a lot of varying information. Some will charge through usb-c other won't. Some will run at 4k 60hz and others run at 4k 30hz even though the monitor can run at 60hz. Thought I'd get some info from spectre owners to see if there is one that I can confirm will work well with this machine. The specs i'm interested in are usb-c 4k, with built in speakers, that will charge the laptop, and have usb-a ports in the back for me to connect my keyboard and mouse to.

I am considering this monitor at 2k because of the price and it has fairly good review. https://www.amazon.com/Acer-H277HU-kmipuz-27-Inch-speakers/dp/B01B64O3M4

I have a $125 gift card to HP so I can get the 27" 4K envy for roughly the same cost as above. However, the review are awful for this monitor. So much so that amazon puts a warning that this monitor has a higher than normal percentage of returns.

I am also looking at an asus model that checks all the boxes on the specs, but the very limited reviews seem to show all sorts of compatibility problems. https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/MX27UC/overview/

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. jefflackey

jefflackey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I really, really wish I could get a Spectre x360 15 with a quad core CPU. It's a must for my needs (some video editing) and that really restricts my options for small, light, long batter life notebooks. The XPS 15 problems still scare me.

3. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Then you get higher prices and battery doesn't last as long etc.. You almost have to just pick and choose on priorities. Can't wait until I get mine next week.

4. jefflackey

jefflackey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yep, but I'd at least like to have the option. Quad core + long battery life + thin and light right now seems to only be the XPS 15 and the Aero 15.

5. squidycent

squidycent Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My 2017 Spectre x360 15 just came in yesterday and so far everything is as good as it can get. Performance is top notch, the screen is absolutely beautiful, and the entire user experience is just a pleasure. It's my first time really getting to use a convertible and it's definitely nice to be able to switch between the different modes. Believe it or not, I don't find the 15" form factor too large to use even as a tablet o_O

I'm just hoping to find somewhere that I can purchase a stylus that works well with this, because I bought mine refurbished from Amazon and it didn't come with the included stylus. If anyone finds something, please let me know!

- Squidycent

6. IceDragon7

IceDragon7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a good recommendation on where to get a full body decal for this device? dbrand skin said they are still on the fence about supporting it since they haven't gotten enough interest yet.

7. mystery905

mystery905 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    https://www.mightyskins.com/

8. TipsyMcStagger

TipsyMcStagger Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quoting an older post that never got a reply;

I have a similar issue; Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and I can't wake the x360 from sleep with either. I can only wake by momentarily opening the lid. I'm using the x360 with an external monitor and system settings are "do nothing when I close the lid" when plugged in.

I have checked and "allow this device to wake the computer" is selected for both the mouse and keyboard in device manager.

I have a Win10 desktop using the same Bluetooth mouse and it will wake that machine.

TIA.

Tipsy

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  9. maveeeee

maveeeee Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

Friend of mine just returned his Spectre because of the screen being broken (parts not lid anymore)
    He's thinking about buying the same unit again, but I see a lot of negative things about this laptop in this thread. Would you guys recommend buying the HP Spectre x360 13-ac017nb?

Thanks in advance for the feedback