HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

1. illuzn

illuzn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. Albie Cohen

Albie Cohen Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, cheers for all your help so far! I haven't done anything yet, mainly because I've identified what causes the problem... The horrid palm and pen rejection only occur when the laptop is being charged... As soon as I take it off charge it's fine! Hopefully this should help narrow down the problem.

3. illuzn

illuzn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can honestly say that I don't think I have that problem. When you brush your hand on the aluminium case of the laptop do you feel this "electricity" feeling. I had that on another laptop of mine which interfered with the touch screen and apparently it was because the charger was poorly designed and missing the "ground" prong.

4. Albie Cohen

Albie Cohen Newbie

Reputations:
    No I don't, which is lucky I suppose in a way.. I'll contact HP I guess - cheers for all your help!

5. mb2k

mb2k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, I've exchanged my 15" Spectre and still have the same problem. Only happens when using Miracast on Creators Update. Everything else speed wise is working fine.

@illuzn
    If you don't mind me asking, what speeds are you getting when connected to a TV with Miracast on Creators Update? I use fast.com and bing's speed test for my testing. (hate using flash)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  6. mb2k

mb2k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ok, WiFi on Miracast with WCU problem solved.

Apparently updating to WCU changes "Receive Segment Coalescing State" from disabled to enabled. I'm not sure why, but I ran 'netsh int tcp set global rsc=disabled', verified it took, and now I get full 150/150 with Miracast on WCU.

7. wtca07

wtca07 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can confirm this annoying fan behaviour even on newest February F.22 BIOS with my Late '16 i5 Kaby. Really hoping they will fix the fan curves someday.

8. mb2k

mb2k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    FWIW, I started getting high cpu usage / fan activity and found that the culprit was HP's Framework service. I uninstalled along with HP assistant and haven't had a problem since.

9. SBanks7789

SBanks7789 Newbie

Reputations:
    I placed a custom order for a Spectre X360 15" and I'm awaiting delivery next week. In the meantime, I am looking for a spare AC Adapter and a robust disk imaging and backup software.

For the backup and disc imaging software I'm thinking about going with Macrium Reflect 7 (https://www.macrium.com/). Anything else I should consider? When I receive the laptop I plan to backup the factory image and then install a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 with just the drivers I need.

What do you recommend for a spare power adapter for the 2017 15" Spectre X360? Will any USB-C laptop charger work? What is the power rating for this laptop? is it 45W or 60W? Would a 60W USB C charger work? Will any of the following 3 options work to power and charge the laptop?

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Premiu...94384739&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+c+laptop+charger

https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Port...94384739&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+c+laptop+charger

https://www.amazon.com/Innergie-Pow...94384739&sr=8-6&keywords=usb+c+laptop+charger

10. W123

W123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    any way to get the synaptics to feel a bit more like microsoft precision touchpad on my xps13? there's always that bit of lag to the synaptics.