HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L1231

L1231 Newbie

Reputations:
    Any buzzing noise near speaker area?

2. W123

W123 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    No buzzing for me or coil whine. Only QC issue has been with the touchpad which required a tiny bit of electrical tape to get rid of the rattle/clinking noise (too loose tolerances between the touchpad and the little nib that clicks).

PS, for anyone taking this thing apart, do NOT try to take the FRONT rubber feet off. They do not come off. You will damage the bottom panel (only the rear feet hide screws). I had to spend 60 bucks on a new bottom panel. Very dumb, HP has a tendency to hide screws under these damn rubber pads :)

3. theRZA001

theRZA001 Newbie

Reputations:
    How does the Active Pen compare to the Surface Pen? Almost none of the reviews have gone into the stylus portion, except for the Ars review which said 1-2 seconds of latency (clearly a gross exaggeration). I need the pen for artistic purposes, and if it's worse than the surface, I'll just try to hold out for a SP5.

4. Astera

Astera Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all. Just picked up an x360 Kaby Lake 13-w029tu. On my previous laptop (last one was a XPS13), I could wake the laptop from sleep with my Logitech mouse or keyboard, but the only way I can wake the x360 is from the laptop power button itself. I've already checked that the relevant hardware is set to not be powered off by Windows and tried a few other things as well, but no luck. Anyone else have any success in waking their laptop from USB accessories? In my XPS13 I did have to enable wake from USB in the bios, but no similar setting in the x360 bios. Thanks.

5. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello

I have a seemingly serious battery problem. I really need your help.

My Spectre is almost 2 years old and yesterday, out of the blue, I started having this issue: the pc is plugged in (even the indication says that it is charging), but the battery keeps falling until the screen turns off. After a few seconds I press the hardware switch button, the laptop opens again and it charges for a few minutes, until it starts falling again. It doesn't even charge properly while turned off.

Any thoughts?

6. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all!

I was interested in the 2017 Spectre x360 15 (16gb ram/512 ssd for 1499) but I recently got the 2016 HP Spectre x360 in a very good open box deal (4K 16gb / 256 ssd for 919). Is this worth returning and paying the difference, especially from a battery life perspective? Know the 2017 has a bigger one but with a graphics card I've seen some reviews say it only outperforms the 2016 model by about 15-20 mins total. Currently on my model I have it set to 50% brightness and max processor at 70 and I'm able to get around 8 hr wifi browsing / 10-11 offline 1080p local video

squidycent likes this.
  7. thefiverivers

thefiverivers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well after much debate between the new 15 inch and 13 inch Spectre, decided to get the 13 inch and then choose between the xps 15 9560 or the yoga 720 (announcement at end of the month at mwc).

Took advantage of the Presidents' Day sale and got the I7, 16gb, 256 ssd (going to upgrade to 960 pro), 4K version in ash grey. Excited!

Only downside is it doesn't ship until March 6, so I'll have some time to ponder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. erajsalman

erajsalman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    do you have a link for the model you bought? I don't see that version on sale when I look.

9. thefiverivers

thefiverivers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's a customized build. You get to choose your options. It's at the bottom of the page that shows the pre-built ones on top then the configurable builds on the bottom.

Try this: http://store.hp.com/us/en/Configure...1&storeId=10151&catEntryId=1645151&quantity=1

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10. david4455

david4455 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I just ordered the same configuration today. ( except 4K version) I REALLY wanted the ash grey over the silver so I went with the stylus version which seems to be the only configuration offering the ash color in 13". I am replacing a 3 years old Samsung Ativ 9 4k 13" so I hope I am not disappointed in the screen. It will be nice not to have to deal with scaling issues.
    Your lucky....my ship date is March 7th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.