HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    She wouldn't escalate to a manager when you asked?

Sometimes you need to call in multiple times to get someone clued in enough - enough experience on the line with escalations - to get you to where you need to go.

It can be frustrating and time consuming to deal with it over the phone, but if you give up it's over.

You can return the item and try again when they fix the web site, or keep calling until you get someone that can actually fix the problem.

They can't order if the site doesn't offer the option, that's the conundrum you are in now, you just need to find someone at HP in escalation that can help get to the right people to fix the site.

2. person135

person135 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looks like I'm slowly encountering more issues:

1. For the past few days my wifi would drop randomly for 1-2 seconds. It does this randomly, sometimes once per hour and sometimes twice per 10 minutes. I downloaded the most recent driver from HP's site (v18.33.1 from 2/4/2016). This issue appears before and after I've installed these drivers.

2. Today I couldn't wake my computer from sleep. I put it to sleep last night and today nothing I press would power it back on. Had to do a cold reboot instead.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding these issues?

3. person135

person135 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    -deleted-

accidental double post

4. illuzn

illuzn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I actually had exactly the same problem. But I received both a windows update and I updated to the latest Intel wireless drive. They are as follows:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
    Version 18.40.0.9
    Build Date 25/02/2016

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1511
    Build 10586.318​

You will need to down the wireless drivers from Intel's website directly but this fixed my problem.

I sometimes have this issue too. It appears to be connected with Windows' "Fast Boot"/"Hibernate" setting. You probably know what a Hibernate; Fast Boot essentially causes Windows' to hibernate its Kernel but unload everything else.

Although this shouldn't cause any issues, I've found that it can cause problems where some issues arise with the Kernel. Windows' then restores a kernel with issues from the SSD which is obviously problematic. I've found that this can manifest in any number of ways (e.g. memory management issues, graphics corruption, etc.)

You can try switching off Fast Boot if you like (but it obviously slows down the load time of your computer). Otherwise, a restart of your computer causes Windows to launch from a truly fresh clean slate which solves all problems for me. I find that I probably have to do a true restart once every couple weeks in order to completely "reboot" the Kernel.

Obviously, performing a hard power off by holding down the power button also works - but I try not to do that at all.

5. giangy.della

giangy.della Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just bought the Dell Active Stylus pen to use it with the Spectre x360 (Skylake version).

My question is: the pen tip seems to be made of hard plastic and without any spring inside (like for example the surface pro 4 pen)..Is there a risk to scratch the screen?

6. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You're good, no worries. The tip will be fine -- I've had zero issues with mine. And remember the screen is covered in Gorilla Glass so that's another layer (literally!) of security. ;)

-Matt

7. giangy.della

Reputations:
    Are you sure the screen has a gorilla glass protection? I didn't found official information about that.
    Anyway just tried the Dell stylus pen with one note and seems very good

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  8. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    (ooooh just noticed you're Italian -- molto bello!!!!)

Excellent point! I see it (Gorilla Glass) mentioned frequently in reviews, but didn't spot it on HP's spec list after a quick search. I'll do more research tonight and report back if I find it.

I found a small app (Elan StylusControl 1.0.0.11) -- I don't recall if I downloaded it from HP or Dell but I can try and upload it here if you're interested. I'll also try to find the original link for it later!

-Matt

9. giangy.della

Reputations:
    Yes I'm italian :)
    I just realize the two buttons were already working...they work only while the stylus is touching the screen :p

gadgetrants likes this.
  10. GBO323

GBO323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Been having this issue since the last WI-FI update....Initially, I wasn't a fan of direct downloading drivers from Intel....until the last couple of calls to HP support and watching them go to the Intel Driver site was THEIR initial step to download drivers and troubleshoot. So, I upgraded the WI-FI driver.

Thanks, illuzn!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.