HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBO323

GBO323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HP Support Assistant popped an HD Conexant Audio update today. i7 Skylake Spectre here.

gadgetrants likes this.
  2. RTbar

RTbar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have been having audio issues when my Spectre (15" 6560u Iris) is plugged into my TV through HDMI ... It will play fine for a period of time, but there are popping sounds that occasionally happen, and sometimes the audio cuts out on the TV after one of the pops. The color on the screen will also randomly turn pink. The audio issue doesn't go away with a restart either if the laptop is plugged into the TV during the restart, though the pink screen returns to normal.

I've tried switching out cables, but it didn't make a difference. All drivers are up to date as well.

Anyone have any input?

3. neothe0ne

neothe0ne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone know what the top CPU option on the x360 13t actually is? It surely can't be the i7-6500U, so I'm hoping it's the i7-6660U or i7-6650U now...

4. illuzn

illuzn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try running the latest Intel beta drivers direct from the Intel website. They are around 3-4 versions newer. Sounds like Surface Book owners had a similar problem which were fixed with the latest Intel drivers.

You can customise the first Spectre here to have a i7-6560U with Iris graphics. I also think that the top of the line option that allows for 16GB of memory has a typo. It must also be a 6560U or similar because the 6500U does not have Iris graphics.

Also, I should mention, I don't know how valuable that higher processor will be - my Skylake Spectre suffers from power limit throttling or thermal throttling where after some time the CPU will throttle down to a 9W TDP. Here is a graph of it occurring which I posted on another thread (left is MHz of CPU and bottom is time in MM:SS format) - undervolting does help somewhat but performance still suffers. I assume you want the Iris graphics because you are thinking about gaming or using CAD software - be prepared for the CPU to severely throttle itself down on load to below 15W.

[​IMG]

gizmodian and gadgetrants like this.
  5. gizmodian

gizmodian Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm gonna be ordering it next week, so I'll let you know when I find out unless someone else does first!

6. mklasse

mklasse Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was impatient to wait around for a new variant or the new macbook pro, so finally got the Spectre, opted for the Core i5-6200U version since I figured I don't really need i7 performance advantage.

Here goes, my beauty and the beast :D
    [​IMG]

So far satisfied with my purchase, build quality is great. Much better than my older Envy, really changed my perception about HP brand. I am glad they still use the spelled out "Hewlett-Packard" branding, good thing the split happens after the release of this laptop, I noticed the 15 inch version use the usual hp logo.

7. JaQoB

JaQoB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately it doesn't work. The TV doesn't even appear as a playback device, and it seems impossible to get the computer to recognize it without restarting the computer.
    I will play around a bit with intels drivers (I guess, since it is hdmi audio..?) and see if it gets better.

8. illuzn

illuzn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That is very strange.

My Skylake has had 100% success rate in picking up the HDMI audio since I got the computer (whether with Intel's drivers or HPs). The only other thing I might suggest is fully uninstalling all of video/ HDMI audio drivers and reinstalling them (or it might be that you have Broadwell).

9. JaQoB

JaQoB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have Skylake, and a two year old Samsung TV. It doesn't happen every time, and I haven't tried another computer enough times to rule out a problem with the TV.
    I guess I have some testing to do :)

Thanks so far!

10. thefiverivers

thefiverivers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The 15 in is beautiful! I saw it today at Best Buy. Wish it had thunderbolt 3 though so that gaming could be a possibility in the future via e gpu. Deciding between this, xps 15 and zen book pro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gadgetrants likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.