HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thornox

Thornox Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe it is about the usage. I am own the pen for more than 3 months now, and I am still on the same battery. But I have to admit, I dont use it very frequently, just during note taking.

2. Ipaqman

Ipaqman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I purchased from Dell a A03 active stylus. It works great.

I hooked a VOM digital multimeter to the battery and contact using a paper tube. The current usage during activity is less than 9 ma. Post activity, the current usage drops to less than 0.05 ma after 40 seconds.

Since the AAAA alkaline battery rates about 500-600 mah, a sleeping stylus should last over a year. An active stylus should last up to 66 hours of constant use (no sleep).

That 66 hours matches your 3 weeks per battery.

On Ebay, I bought 12 AAAA batteries for less than $10.

gizmodian, Styptic and gadgetrants like this.
  3. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Ipaqman thanks (again!) for the ^^^ helpful post.

Sorry if this is old news but I just noticed there's an updated firmware for Broadwell units (F.32 Rev.A).

-Matt

4. GBO323

GBO323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I noticed a week ago that my Skylake i7 wasn't going into tablet mode automatically OR pulling up the onscreen keyboard when I would tap into a text field in manual table mode. If you're having this issue, this is your only fix...so back your data up first.

I was reading through a forum on the Screen Rotation issue here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows/Spectre-X360-Screen-rotation/td-p/5172398/page/7
    Since it won't allow me to reply there, I'll continue it here.

I followed all the steps listed:

1. Change Registry Setting...already set to right one.

2. Re-Installed Intel Sensor Driver. Device Manager doesn't show a Sensor Hardware.

3. Reset the PC via the Windows Settings..both refresh and everything. Still doesn't fix it. Why? It restores it with the current version of Windows...not the one that came with the Spectre360. Most likely Version 1511 if you installed that update.

I did a little digging and found the fix for me. I use OneDrive for most of my files, so what isn't there, I backed up to external drive.

I went into the HP Recovery Manager>HP Recovery Environment. It will restart the PC into the Windows-Like interface, but choose the option to reset and it will get you to the HP System Restore. I did a System Restore. This is the option that put it back to Day One Box opening. And...the sensors work, tablet mode works, it all works again.

Once I did the restore, I updated the drivers from HP Support Assistant and THEN did all the Windows updates.

Still works.

So, this is what I found to make it work again. A pain, but it works...and I was about to send it back in for repair. No!!!!! [​IMG]

Glenn

hmscott likes this.
  5. Arcwindz

Arcwindz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So i finally bought my spectre! At the end i go for the i7,256,fhd model

Physically it's all good, no rattly trackpad, keyboard is good, screen good. Pretty happy with it, until i tried to use it.

So i've been encountering some problems:
    1. Touchpad settings are not saved, it's gone after you shutdown, so i've been reading and it seems a registry edit will do the trick
    2. Also my wifi is problematic, the laptop can detect wifi just fine when i first opened it, but when i turned it on again after several hours the wifi device is not detected (as in windows doesn't recognize that the laptop has an intel adapter in it)
    I've tried updating the drivers and windows, it worked, once, then after shutdown it's gone again.
    Been trying to find what is wrong online, but haven't got a clue, so i returned it for exchange.

Anyone knows the fix to these problems? I'm getting my replacement tomorrow, just hoping that this is not a problem inherent to the spectre

6. Ipaqman

Ipaqman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    One Spectre user on YouTube reported WIFI problems that were resolved with the latest version of Windows 10 and drivers. If you had not updated to Windows 10 build 1533, you should try that.

I updated to that version a few days after I purchased my Spectre but I did not have any wifi problems before or after.

However, some wifi connections issues are due to Microsoft connection rules. Some older routers or drivers are not compatible.

My Aspire Switch 10 has a long delay connecting after coming out of hibernation (around 30 seconds).

If you have another Windows 10 PC, you could check to see if that one has the same problem.

7. Arcwindz

Reputations:
    My previous laptop (also windows 10) got no such problem and i've updated the spectre to latest non-insider build.

It's no connection problem though, in my case the windows doesn't show the intel 7265 as being "connected" so i can't find any wifi signal. If i go to device manager there is no intel 7265 in the list.
    I suspect it's some cable got lose or something but it's kinda weird since it worked 2 times before

Update: Confirmed faulty unit, my replacement doesn't have such problem, only the usual outdated drivers that has problem. Updated everything to the latest build and it seems to be working just fine :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  8. RTbar

RTbar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try saving a profile on the synaptics settings, they will hold after a restart

gadgetrants likes this.
  9. Arcwindz

Reputations:
    Actually it will only saved my preferred settings, the next time spectre is rebooted, I'll still get back to the default settings and the profile will only help me to not dive into the settings itself

The regedit solution i found is more of a solution, now my settings are kept through reboot

10. hpuser09

hpuser09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.