HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coasterblu

coasterblu Newbie

Reputations:
    ATTENTION: Anybody with a Spectre X360, with my unit, when I am looking at the display head on and then tilt the display upwards bringing the keyboard up, the screen grays out slightly. No, this is not a software issue or an issue with a connection, this is the physical display. Just moving your head down causes this. When viewed on a white screen, it will slightly dim and gray, the gray out moving from top to bottom. It is just slight, but I want to be sure that this is an issue with all units. I have the QHD version.

2. D4rk_nVidia

D4rk_nVidia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think it´s normal.
    It gets a bit Grey with my qhd Display too.

Another question:
    Does anyone had freezing issues?
    Mine freezes sometimes so only a restart helps.
    This day it crashed like i pulled out the battery.

Maybe there is something wrong with the charger...

3. Nano2kch

Nano2kch Newbie

Reputations:
    I would be pretty concerned about that, there's no reason for the computer to shut down by itself without warning from Windows, unless something is very wrong with your Spectre.

4. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. GBO323

GBO323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone...check your Spectre360 for updates. I ran HP Support app and it shows a BIOS and WLAN driver update. BIOS shows an update for the sound. WLAN update is a new driver.

Before I updated, I went to the HP Site and did an online update check and it pulled the same updates as the Support assistant.

I run the Skylake 360, so not sure if this applies to the Broadwells or not.

Glenn

gadgetrants likes this.
  6. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks Glenn! I grabbed F.2F (for Broadwell) and installed this morning. Then the new WLAN driver this evening. So far, so good. :)

Unfortunately my machine is still 50-50 when I close the lid...sometimes it sleeps in my backpack and sometimes it wakes up and runs with the lid closed. :( I'd hoped a previous BIOS update had fixed it but I guess not.

-Matt

7. CMCMCM

CMCMCM Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys have been just reading this thread (plus many others) up until now. Decided to order an ash/cobber skylake version a couple of days ago as a replacement for my surface pro 3. I really wanted to go for the i7 version, but it would have meant that I would have to put up 300 dollars of my own money and it would have taken another month for shipment as they were sold out. So I went for the i5 version which I got for free and it will come this week. I still have a couple of days to change my mind though, so were wondering what your thoughts were. Is the bump up to i7 really worth 300 bucks and an extra month? I pulled the specs of the site I'm getting it from and as far as I can see it's only the CPU and a slight increase in RAM speed.

Here's the link: http://www.elkjop.no/INTERSHOP/web/...134105NO@store-elkjop|HP134106NO@store-elkjop

CM

8. Anamsu

Anamsu Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, newbie here hoping for some advice please.

I'm looking to buy the x360 in the UK - skylake i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and FHD. There seems to be only 2 reasonable buying options for this model. The price in both cases is £899 but the deals are slightly different:

a) HP online store. Laptop comes with free "HP 3 year Pickup and Return Notebook Service" worth £79 which essentially seems to be 2 additional years' warranty on top of the standard year.
    b) Microsoft online store. There are no freebies as such, but this a Microsoft "Signature Editon".

So I guess my questions are as follows:

1) Is HP's support through these care packages generally decent and worth having?
    2) Given the x360 was apparently developed in conjunction with Microsoft, is their Signature Editon unlikely to offer any significant benefits over the standard version?
    3) Which of these 2 buying options would you choose?

Any experience or thoughts gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

9. Thornox

Thornox Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello all,

I bough my spectre x360 1 week ago and I was really happy with it. A few days ago I realized a defect on my laptop. It wobbles from the right palm rest area as it doesn`t sit flat on the table when I open the screen 90 degrees or more. This is really annoying as whenever I am using the keyboard or resting my hand over the palm rest area the bottom of the laptop wobbles. Contacted the HP Support, I will try to replace it. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? Is this a known issue?

10. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Interesting observation -- just gave it a look. I don't have the wobble. However, I *did* notice that after ~120 degrees, if I tap the left side of the palmrest...nothing. But if I tap the right side, it makes a faint tapping metallic sound back (similar to the "loose trackpad" sound). Seems pretty minor on my unit. I'd have to guess that there's a weight distribution issue biasing the left side of the machine that comes into play once the screen is rotated past a specific point -- before that point, tapping either side sounds equally solid.

Let us know how your new unit performs!

-Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.