HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBO323

GBO323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Now that I've had a few cycles, I am averaging down to about 8 hours of battery time. For an i7/FHD, I am good with that. Hope the battery saving list helps.

BTW, I ditched Chrome and switch to IE11/Edge, but the lack of add-ons, etc has put me into using Firefox64, which seems to be a great middle ground of battery usage between Chrome & IE11.

On the display front, I am using the newest Intel HD520 beta drivers...that has stopped te Driver crashing issue.

Other than that, no issues with my Skylake....at this time.

hmscott and gadgetrants like this.
  2. rugwarrior

rugwarrior Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I just bought a new Spectre x360 13 for my wife but can not find any ICC file for it as she has the FHD version. Can someone kindly guide me here? I know that an ICC from someone else is not perfect but I do not have a screen calibration tool :(

3. rugwarrior

rugwarrior Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Download the SMBus driver here http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php unzip, find your touchpad device in the Windows Device Manager and update the driver there through pointing to the folder you just unzipped and the x86 or x64 subfolder. That fixed it for me as just installing this new version did not update my driver version somehow. That fixed it for me (I hope)

gadgetrants likes this.
  4. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Since I did a clean install of W10, my spectre makes loud fan noise almost all the time. Nothing to do with heavy usage, even when CPU and memory % are very low. I have very few programs and apps, nothing peculiar in the background. Could it be some king of BIOS update I have missed?

5. titanlord1

titanlord1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    can the spectre connect to a 5g network?

6. zeroid

zeroid Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm looking to buy an x360 (Skylake version) in the UK but can't seem to find them for sale anywhere but the HP store. Are there any deals or discounts around and is the price on the store (currently £899 for the i5 8GB/256GB FHD model) likely to be cut any time soon (with the new models announced and apparently appearing around March...)?

7. James Nighthawk

James Nighthawk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all

I have two quick questions for those more tech savvy than me

(1) The "Display driver stopped working" issue in Edge browser - this can be fixed with the Beta Intel 520 drivers. I would rather avoid beta drivers... will these be distributed to us once out of beta? Do these arrive via windows updates or HP updates? I assume Windows...

(2) The synaptics drivers updates mentioned in post #1185 by rugwarrior above: again, rather than install these, will they be distributed to us once signed off by HP to hopefully stop the intermittent issues with three finger swipes?

Basically, I prefer to get these things "from the source" as I am not great with tech stuff "under the hood". I am happy to deal with the odd page refresh and occasional three-finger issues and wait a few months...

Oddly I have noticed my fan is more active in the last week than it was since I first bought it, again, staying at under 20%.... I wonder if something has been altered under the hood somewhere...

alkpit likes this.
  8. Sweyn Forkbeard

Sweyn Forkbeard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads-up on new models. An OLED display, eh? Sounds fantastic! It would fix issues with directionality of white-brightness, and uneven backlighting. Also would probably fix the "unsteady on a flat surface" problem, since they say the screen is 50g lighter. Will be tempted to trade my current machine in if it's not too expensive.

Re: price cuts, they had a 15% off everything in the HP store "Cyber Monday" sale (Monday after Black Friday, whenever that was), which wasn't long after the release of the Skylake models.

Just before the Skylake models were released they were doing £140 cashback on the old stock, which also applied if you bought from a shop like John Lewis.

With the new models it seems like the only difference is the screen, so whether they're discounting the old ones will depend on whether this is considered a "replacement" for the IPS models, or will sell alongside them. I expect it'll be the latter since the new models only just came out, but I might be wrong. In other words don't hold your breath for discounts, but if you like the idea of an OLED display then it might be worth hanging on till they come out.

9. titanlord1

titanlord1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    can anyone list the best spectre deals in canada? 8gig, 256 ssd model?

10. GTFO1

GTFO1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Best I have seen is 15% off from the HP website and $350 off the I7 model from Microsoft. This was between October-Nov 2015. Haven't seen another deal since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.