HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO1

GTFO1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Still confused why all my windows re-size smaller when I wake up from sleep. Any one know? It is super annoying having to re-adjust all my windows every time.

2. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not sure I follow...do you mean fonts/menus shrink, or the windows themselves?

-Matt

3. sabermaniac

sabermaniac Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's the nature of glossy displays. The "shadow" is the glare and reflections of other items in the room (usually a wall). On max brightness, this is not an issue, but on lower settings, yes, because higher brightness is needed to mitigate glare. The Spectre's display is almost mirror-like, though for me it's not too much of a bother since I work primarily in a dim room anyway with yellow lamps instead of overhead/ceiling white lights.

4. GTFO1

GTFO1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not the font. I mean the windows. Like resizing two chrome tabs side by side to be more efficient. When it wakes up from sleep, the windows will be resized to a smaller version of my initial setting. It seems like the laptop automatically readjusts the windows to 150% size? I am unsure what is going on since I never had this problem in other laptops before.

5. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ah, gotcha. I don't think I've seen that before, or heard it mentioned here. FWIW I just gave it a try like you described, but both windows were the way I left them when I woke the laptop up. Not sure if I can reproduce the issue.

-Matt

6. Sweyn Forkbeard

Sweyn Forkbeard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not reflections - what I'm talking about is shown in this video:

The light is all coming from the screen.

7. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Since I did a clean install of W10, my spectre makes a lot of fan noise that is really annoying. In the task manager I can see that Microsoft Edge consumes too much memory and CPU. Just a few tabs open and nothing special running. Any idea what it is about?

8. seb87

seb87 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    the black version of this x360...is only the "pro" ?

9. Nano2kch

Nano2kch Newbie

Reputations:
    Just got a Ash Silver Skylake i7 version, feels great
    I think I have a rattling/buzzing fan though (bad bearing?)... is that something that happens with the Spectre? Guess I'm going to run some CPU intensive stuff to make it spin for a while and hope the noise goes away.
    Other than that, FHD screen is very sharp, pad is not rattling, no power circuit beeping sound, no wifi issues, keyboard is nice, touchscreen is nice too.

gadgetrants likes this.
  10. LP119

LP119 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all, I have the new i5 model with win 10 and I've been having weird issue on shutdown and restart. Once logged in, if I shutdown the computer it looks like it shut downs but the power button light stays on and if the lid is open the computer will not complete the operation and will instead by itself restart...has anyone experienced this kind of behavior? Does it look more like and virus of some sort of or an hardware issue?

Thanks for your replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.