HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can confirm the same results with some songs. Rock and metal still pop, but its not to the same degree as before. Then I looked at the DTS control panel and bass and treble had been set to the minimum.

I disabled the sound enhancements. No pops on any songs and it sounds better without the enhancements anyway.

hmscott likes this.
  2. jamieostrich

jamieostrich Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone having wifi Issues worth the new November Windows 10 update on the new skylake x360?
    WIFI refuses to connect. Disappears from device manager and blues screens and hangs when turning off or restarting.
    I had to roll back to the older build and defer updates to ensure it doesn't try to update again.
    Not happy as it's a new laptop and has bugs when updating windows!

3. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If only that worked for me! I tried every combination of plugged in, unplugged, power button held, power button tapped, windows button held and power button tapped, etc... nothing whatsoever.

Apparently it is fixed now, just waiting for the courier.

Still interested to find out what other people's experiences are with hardware failures, as it is one of the more commonly enquired about hardware issues on the HP forums for this model. No one said 'yes' or 'no' to me posting a survey, so here goes...

http://1drv.ms/1LhCNNM

If any of you have a few minutes spare, it would be nice to get some information from other users about their experiences. My experience has been frustrating, and I'm fearful of what will happen when the warranty expires.

4. jnichols2

jnichols2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I didn't experience this problem, the update went smooth.

5. illuzn

illuzn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am a lawyer so I type quite often. I think the typing experience is great. The full sized keys and the decent spacing between them probably helps with that.

I don't know how or why the keys are said to be mushy. I mean, they are scissor lift keys not mechanical so the activation pressure is not on/ off like cherry mx switches. I guess when they say mushy, they probably mean that the force to push the key from start of travel to end of travel is the same the entire left (i.e. not giving any feedback that you are hitting the end of travel). Given that there is something like 1.5mm of key travel anyway that doesn't cause an issue for me (because I am always hitting the end stops). I can see how it might cause an issue if you prefer not to push the keys all the way down.

I don't have this problem. However, people who have had this problem on other forums report that this appears to be a driver corruption issue. After the upgrade, fully uninstall the buggy drivers, download the relevant drivers again (remember Windows 10 64 bit) and reinstall them. This supposedly fixes the issue.

gadgetrants likes this.
  6. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My spectre seems to consume some energy when i close the lid (2-3 % in 3 hours, while it used to consume such amount in almost a day with the lid closed). i think this is not normal, any idea?

7. illuzn

illuzn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Check that your pc is set to hibernate after 1 hour in sleep mode. Hibernate should use 0 power.

The other alternative is that your pc was hibernating (in which case, hibernating for 1 hours is the same as hibernating for 100 hours).

8. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Unplug usb accessories or turn off the always on feature for USB in the UEFI settings.

9. Ace01

Ace01 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I loved the look and feel of the x360. Between Broadwell and Skylake models; I went through 12 of them (Best Buy exchanging). The left palm rest getting too hot and the bulky/heavy feel in tablet mode; were all enough to make me give the Yoga 900 a try. The Yoga 900 is much lighter and felt great in tablet mode. But it is also made out of mostly plastic and rubber and the two together, felt very cheap compared to the Spectre x360. Also after going through 3 Yoga 900s I gave up on them. Very poor quality control. The lid on 2 of the units, had lint under the paint.

About a week ago, I picked up the new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Spin, from Best Buy. I finally found the best 2-in-1 currently on the market. The keyboard is even nicer than that on the x360. The touch pad, is hands down, the best I've ever used on a Windows machine. 2 finger scrolling, works perfectly, in every app that I have tried. Also Samsung got scaling right, unlike HP and Lenovo. I did not need to touch the resolution settings. The only downside is that the Samsung Spin, does not get as much battery life as the Yoga did for me. But it still does about as good as the x360.

If you are able to, give the Spin a try. It has the same high quality build and feel as the x360 but even better and a bit lighter.

10. KuteKitteh

KuteKitteh Newbie

Reputations:
    I recently bought a spectre. Absolutely loving everything about it (asides from the somewhat wobbly hinge in stand mode).

But it's only been day 3, and when I turned it on this morning I noticed some slight coil whine. In the library, I can hear it from 2 feet away, and in a place with some moderate ambient noise, I can hear it from 8-12 inches away. It's especially bothersome since I use it in stand mode very often, so I have no problem hearing the whine in any reasonably quiet area. Anything I can do about that?

Also, I can't seem to enable loudness equalization through the playback devices options ("speakers" doesn't have the enhancement tab) or the DTS control panel. Any suggestions? It kills my ears to listen to music without loudness equalization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.