HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NovaTornado

NovaTornado Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just making sure, you're saying that the Spectre keyboard is better than the XPS (for you at least)?

2. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ι am a writer and i really love typing on my Spectre

3. gschneider

gschneider Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks Madmook, Unfortunately with all the other annoyances and bits that I just didn't like, plus the 14 day return period running out I have sent the device back to HP. They are going to refund me. Decided that I might as well bite the bullet for now, I bought a retina Macbook pro 13" (need a laptop now so no waiting for Skylake). Hopefully Windows laptops will catch up in the next 2 years. Include things like a better track pad. The surfacebook should raise the bar!

4. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Two days now my fan has been very noisy and the battery drains really fast, even when i do the lightest tasks. I don't know if the problem is some driver that i updated. Here is a screenshot of my task manager, the first two seem to be more busy and i don't know what they are about. Any help?

EDIT: i uninistalled all the stupid HP helping programms i recently had installed on my computer and now it works as before.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  5. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    Just have a quick question, would like to gather some information from users here about a particular problem that has plagued me and is affecting a number of other users on the HP Support forum (see: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/My-hp-spectre-x360-won-t-turn-on-at-all/td-p/5165831), where our laptops just refused to turn on. I would like some peace of mind that the issue is not as widespread as it seems to me.

Is it OK to post a link to an external survey, say, on OneDrive?

alkpit, taken from the first page linked below:
    "it seems too simple to be true, but I disabled my network adapter and re-enabled it in the Network Connections window. I tried it ten minutes ago, so I cannot tell for sure it won't come back, but so far my cpu went back to normal."

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9a4f0-53b7-4044-872d-7364e0eff6e1?db=5&auth=1
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ork/041d4024-3d50-4834-904b-cd4cf5c84b05?db=5

Just did a quick Google search for "windows wireless lan 802.11 extensibility framework" and these were some of the first links. Don't know if you tried them already.

6. hisien

hisien Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  7. PsylentStorm

PsylentStorm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, I preferred the Spectre keyboard over the XPS 13, and it wasn't close. I LOVE the lack of bezel on the XPS 13 (and how the laptop was), but the keyboard was too big of a dealbreaker for me.

8. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    WOW. That's a truly chilling thread -- going all the way back to August, no less. I have to say I've read every page and every post in this thread, and have never seen mention of the problem (IIRC). I don't want to jinx anyone but as far as I can tell, none of us have had the restarting issue.

-Matt

9. MisterFrag

MisterFrag Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I gave a Skylake Spectre x360 as a gift, and the recipient encountered that problem -- I know because they called me for help when it happened.

The computer hibernated and wouldn't turn back on. The "solution" was to hold down the Power button for five seconds to force it to turn off completely, wait another five seconds, and then briefly press the Power button to turn the computer back on.

10. GBO323

GBO323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I installed the Windows 10 November update yesterday. Tonight, I was working on my X360 and realized it was quiet...like no Sound popping quiet. Could it be that the update corrects it?

Will keep you posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.