HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnichols2

jnichols2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Double Post - Please Delete.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  2. jnichols2

Reputations:
    This is the second time I saw posts about setting brightness to zero. Why do that?
    Can you read it at zero? At 68 years old, I can't.

I set my brightness to 60%, the dimmest I can read well. If you can't read it, 12 hours is no help.

3. Ace01

Ace01 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My eyes are nearly 3 decades old and yes I can read the screen at zero brightness. I didn't think I could but after trying it, it is no problem, most of all in low or lower light. At Starbucks yesterday, sitting with my back to a huge bright window; I had to turn it up to 60% brightness to see well enough. I have it set to go to zero unplugged and 30% while plugged in (I'm training my eyes to get used to lower brightness all around). Lower brightness, really does increase the battery life significantly. Also ditching Chrome, does the same thing.

4. Sher the Love

Sher the Love Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry if this has been asked before. Can anyone confirm that the active pen still works on the new Skylake models, especially the 1440p model?

5. jamieostrich

jamieostrich Newbie

Reputations:
    I would also be interested in knowing that for my new Spectre.
    The only help I can give you is that on my new QHD UK Model, the System Properties suggest "Pen and Full Windows Touch Support" and "Hid Compliant Pen" is listed in Device Manager.
    Any idea what the cheapest pens that work with this 100%? I would like to get one to try!

6. Lando3000

Lando3000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is the ash silver model that's available now the "limited edition" that was announced a few weeks ago? The release date was supposed to be November 8. I just want to make sure there's not another model coming out in a couple weeks before I buy one.

7. Ace01

Ace01 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm not sure as I have never used a stylus pen on the Spectre. However, I am willing to bet that all is exactly the same on the Skylake models as the screen does appear to exactly the same along with Windows 10 and everything else about the device other than the CPU and Intel Display card 520. BTW' the Dell Active Stylus, 750 (can be found on Amazon), has been reported all across the web, as being the best choice for pen input on the Spectre. You'll find that most Spectre pen users, choose the Dell stylus over the HP stylus.

8. Ace01

Ace01 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The "Limited edition" is the Ash Silver. The Ash Silver, only comes with a Skylake 6th gen Intel CPU. Best Buy has been selling it early (along with the Lenevo Yoga 900, early too). The Ash Silver limited edition is supposed to be about the Bang & Olufsen anniversary. This version, cost me $70.00 more than the exact same model in standard silver. For me, it was worth every penny as the Ash Silver, is a show stopper!!!! It's very beautiful and makes the PC, look like nothing else out there where as the silver, looks a lot like a Macbook and many other machines (not a bad thing because the silver does look nice too).

As far as I know, there are no other Spectre x360 models coming out in November, that are not already out in places like Best Buy, now. Also, keep in mind that if you go with Best Buy, you may want to call your local store and give them the online SKU number to look up for you. Online, it says they won't have them until 10/28 in my area but I have had one from a Best Buy store, for almost 2 weeks now.

9. sbochene

sbochene Newbie

Reputations:
    I use the a plastic clipboard with the hinge ripped off. Works great to allow air flow on other surfaces, like the arm of a fabric couch. Does not look nearly as nice as the laptop, we should make a silver one!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

10. jnichols2

Reputations:
    Since getting the new Skylake 6th gen Intel CPU, I have problems with the date changing when it comes out of sleep.

Ace01 posted a fix in thread #997, but it didn't wok for me.

I found a thread on the HP site, the fix was a BIOS update.
    The new model has no BIOS updates posted yet. In fact, the HP site lists F26, 21 August, it's for the previous model.

Unless someone else has a fix, guess I'll have to wait for HP to catch up with the new model.

That's what early adopters get. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.