HP Spectre x360 Owner's Thread (2017)

Discussion in 'HP' started by muzicman82, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Dark_

Dark_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Samsung PM961

IceDragon7 likes this.
  2. IceDragon7

IceDragon7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do you know if the thunderbolt 3 use 4 or 2 PCIe lanes?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Google says:

"In general, if a system has a single Thunderbolt 3 port, the connectivity behind that port could be as high as four lanes of PCI Express Gen 3 with dual DisplayPort links. It could also be as little as two lanes of PCI Express Gen 3, with a single DisplayPort link."

Thunderbolt 3 technology brief, PDF
    https://thunderbolttechnology.net/sites/default/files/Thunderbolt3_TechBrief_FINAL.pdf

4. quantum28

quantum28 Newbie

Reputations:
    would like to know the answer to the #lanes question as well.

I have the 2K (2560x1440) display on my x360 and its gorgeous, I imagine the 4K would be as well, but the battery life is so impacted that if I could do it again, I might go for the FHD display. How much battery life are the 4K owners getting??

Also, wanted to know how many of you use a VM (vt-x enabled, Win10 Pro) ? any issues?

5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You could try the hwinfo64 hardware inventory and see if it shows how many lanes are used for that interface:
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

You might try a beta version, for such new hardware.

There are a number of windows when hwinfo64 starts up, you can close the smaller condensed view and click around the large dialog.

You can click on Temp's to see the monitoring dialog with all the monitoring for temps and other data.

The initial start up dialog, the tiny one, lets you pick individual dialog options before starting all of them.

Sensors only is the monitoring dialog, the other is the condensed inventory, while not checking any gives you the large inventory dialog + condensed view.

Barring specific and accurate info from HP directly, you'll need to dig in to figure it out for yourself :)

6. troybot

troybot Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the 15 inch 4k. I'm fairly confident the 15in has EDIT: 2 lanes ... I think I was wrong unfortunately, judging from the CUDA scores

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017 at 3:10 AM
    IceDragon7 and hmscott like this.
  7. IceDragon7

IceDragon7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Another quick question. Did you happen to get a new stylus with your device? I saw a mention of HP releasing a new active pen with better pressure sensitivity and charges throu us c and eraser in the back.

Also thanks for the info troybot!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. az0918442337

az0918442337 Newbie

Reputations:
    As a buyer of the late 2016 version of Spectre x360 (w023dx),
    it's really a fly in a ointment that this model does NOT support the active stylus.

I wonder that the screen ID of the early 2017 version, ap023dx (FHD type supporting Active stylus)
    Could anybody with the ap023dx help me confirm the screen ID of it?
    If yours spectre x360 screen is the 4k type, thanks but I need the information of FHD type.
    (By the way, the screen ID of the w023dx model is CMN1367 made by CHIMEI)
    Thinking about changing the screen by myself.

Thanks

9. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    pau1ow likes this.
  10. Wildride

Wildride Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm considering getting the Spectre 360 13, HP it supposed to have them on sale for BF but so is best buy.. The specs are good the prices are good BUT I am still wary of the HP brand. Reading throught this threas isn't making me anymore comfortable. So to the OWNERS of there HP products would you buy this notebook again? Do you recommend it? If so should I but it from HP or Best Buy? in case I have issues and need support...Does HP support work any better than years ago? Surface Pro are goin onsale and so is the Yoga and XPS 13 so I thought I was decided on the spectre but HP.....what do you think?
    HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB Solid State Drive - HP finish in natural silver, it has the I7-8550.