]]>

HP Spectre x360 Owner's Thread (2017)

Discussion in 'HP' started by muzicman82, Mar 8, 2017.

1. franky_402

franky_402 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Figured i would add another post now that i have the laptop.

Does anyone have any issues with apps not staying uninstalled or certain settings not sticking through a reboot.

I just got my 15" yesterday and going through the setup i have tried uninstalling all the retarded games that come preinstalled. I right click them in the start menu and select uninstall, it asks to confirm and then it will disappear. Minecraft, disney, candy saga, and like 3 others.

They do not show up in remove programs and thats the only way i can see to uninstall them is through the start menu.

I have also tried to remove the hp support assistant bubble by the status bar.

Now heres the problem, everything looks great until i reboot. upon reboot everything is back in the menu and the support bubble is down by the status bar again. the only thing i havent tried is booting into safe mode to remove but that should not be a requirement to get rid of that crap.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Im so close to wiping out that copy of windows and starting fresh from a clean microsoft image. The only thing that worries me about that is when i did the same thing with my old hp dv7t quad core the laptop did not run as smooth as the factory image, even though i installed all hp drivers.

Also the laptop does seem somewhat sluggish to me, my desktop i built last year has 16gb ram, 256 ssd, and an 15-6600k and seems to run circles around it, i know the spectre uses a U processor which wont be as fast as the desktop counterpart. I figured 2 generations later and a quad core should at least be somewhat comparable. Im also not expecting it to run heavy tasks at the same speed but simple things like opening file explorer, or chrome should be just as fast imho. Opening simple apps that should not struggle seem to take a second or two to load and ive already had chrome not responding a few times as well. the desktop is blistering fast, i feel like apps open before im even done double clicking, not so much with the new spectre.

Oh well maybe my expectations are a little too high but i will keep playing with it, and probably reimage the thing to a debloated factory m$ image and try to rip out cortana and all the tracking crap.

Sorry for the rant but 1600$ later i feel like it should be a little snappier and let me permanently uninstall junk that shouldnt be there in the first place!!

2. -Louie-

-Louie- Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, my 8th gen Spectre x360 came with the rechargeable pen.

I'm having a bit of difficulty with my touchpad at the moment and i'm trying to work out whether it's a hardware issue, or whether I accidentally removed the most recent drivers when i used the Windows 10 'Fresh Start' program to run a clean install.

Could someone please check their driver version for me?

My current driver version is 19.3.31.31 (found by going to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Hardware -> Properties -> Driver).

Thanks!

3. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That is the same version mine has.

Jim