HP Spectre x360 (Intel Tiger Lake) Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by saturnotaku, Nov 24, 2020.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Figured it was worth creating a thread for the refreshed Spectre x360 line. In addition to the 13- and 15-inch, HP also added a 14-inch (13.5) with a 3:2 aspect ratio screen, including a 3,000x2,000 OLED touch display option.

Best Buy had the OLED 14 with i7 CPU, 16 GB of RAM, and 1 TB SSD for $1,299 as part of a pre-Black Friday sale so I purchased one. Build quality is good, the display is beautiful, and I like that it has two Thunderbolt 4 ports, as opposed to one on the 4K Dell Inspiron 14. A second USB-A would be nice, but it's not a big deal. In everyday tasks, Tiger Lake feels snappier than even Ice Lake.

Post your thoughts, ownership experience, etc here.

guho likes this.
  2. skygunnerblue

skygunnerblue Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There is so much to like about this laptop, but I ultimately had to return it over the smallest thing: there is no Ctrl key on the right side.

I just can't get used to it.

3. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the 15" Spectre x360 Tiger lake (integrated Xe graphics) and received a blue screen after Windows update because one of the updates was a video driver. So if you see the Intel video driver as a Windows update I would suggest blocking it using wushowhide.diagcab. I had to go back to a previous restore point to get back on track with this notebook. I will only install updated video drivers from HP Update going forward.