HP Spectre x360 13 (Late 2019; Ice Lake) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'HP' started by ikjadoon, Dec 2, 2019.

1. rewolfer

rewolfer Newbie

Reputations:
    Hallo,
    Does anybody know what other pens are compatible with the latest HP Spectres? I bought a Ciscle Pen which supposedly supports MPP2 and tilt-support but the Microsoft Whiteboard went crazy when I tried to draw. It seemed to continously switch from zoom to pan and back.
    The HP tilt pen is costly and several videos on Youtube show dissappointing results. Open for any suggestions, Tosz.

2. Griffin3567

Griffin3567 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the factory supplied HP image on this laptop and as part of some troubleshooting I uninstalled some software including hp command center. I have reinstalled it and now it doesn't work. This is what I see on the system information page and the thermal profiles do not work. I only have 3 and not 4. I partitioned the drive and installed a fresh copy of windows 10 from microsoft and followed the same steps to install this software and it works perfectly fine.

Is there a service or other piece of software which is required for this to work which I may need to install? I have uninstalled and installed multiple times

Attached Files:

3. Vaga

Vaga Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone else have insane throttling issues with this laptop?

My i7 4kOLED 16GB 512GB (non-optane) config for the past month or so has been randomly boosting at ~3GHz then suddenly dropping to 0.39GHz basically rendering the laptop close to unusable for 15-20 seconds then it shoots back up to 3GHz then back down.

This doesn't happen when plugged in and if I set things to performance mode, but this has been a seriously debilitating problem of late.

upload_2020-6-28_22-38-57.png

ikjadoon likes this.
  4. Vaga

Vaga Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey you have a new link?

Seems like your invite has expired

5. Johnny365

Johnny365 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  6. Johnny365

Johnny365 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Update: I've had my Spectre 13" (Late 2019) for a little over 2.5 months, ordered Feb 23, and it arrived April 14th, and it's been great. No heat issues, no long boot times, no errors within windows. Only issue I have (which I made a post on the last page) was with the USB Disconnect/Connect while the computer is in sleep mode and connected to a USB C Dock/Hub. I haven't been able to figure why it's doing that, but learned to mute the speakers whenever I leave my desk so I don't have to hear the sounds. It doesn't make those sounds when just using the laptop without anything else connected.

Battery life has been great. I got the FHD/1 Watt display, no issues or dead pixels. I have a matte screen protector because I don't like glare on laptops. Colors/contrast have been good, keyboard and keys are fine--I put a silicon keyboard protector on top. It's been tough finding a good laptop sleeve, but went with this one:

The 11-12.3" size fits the 13" Spectre just fine.
    https://amzn.to/2O659Gq

Keyboard cover:
    https://amzn.to/3f95aoR

I put a skin on the lid and touchpad/wrist area from MightySkins so that'll help with scratches and wear. I take it to work with me (using it on downtime) and it's been great!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    pau1ow likes this.
  7. ikjadoon

ikjadoon Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have noticed this in the past month or so, especially waking up from sleep. Haven't had time to troubleshoot (it's pretty rare; ~1-2 a month), but exactly the same issue. I reboot and it fixes itself, but it is happening.

But, yours sounds perhaps worse / more frequent. If I notice anything unusual, I'll post. I want to say it's some power management feature gone awry...