HP Spectre x360 13 (Late 2019; Ice Lake) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'HP' started by ikjadoon, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Skylake_

Skylake_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    BREAKING NEWS: pen jitter avoided!

I tested the Wacom Ink Pen Plus and, when I installed the blue nip instead of the default one, I increased the pen precision on the display... so much that the jitter is almost gone away! It's a very nice pen, I suggest you to close the HP Pen in your box and just use this one with the blue nip. It also has its own software (Wacom Pen app).

I had the inspiration because I'm trying also the Lenovo Yoga C940, and its pen is very jitter-free. If you use the Bamboo, jitter appears, but when you use the blue nip, surprise! It becomes almost as straight as the original pen.

BUT... it seems to be, the ****ing digitizer of the Spectre doesn't recognize tilting at all! Come on, HP... the defeat of the jitter is a big step up towards keeping the Spectre with me. The Yoga has a waaaay better digitizer, a better audio, a better keyboard with a true Enter key, BUT the display isn't OLED (and you can see even on that the grid of the digitizer, despite is thinner than the Spectre one... it's smaller, but it's there) and is not the fastest display on the earth, for sure... not a turtle as the Dell XPS 7590 Full HD, but only "ok" for seeing very fast images (like motorsport) properly! You get the impression that is somehow "blurred". The HP Oled display doesn't have this problem, ok it's still a 60 Hz display but the response times are decent.

So... now I'm happier but undecided to which one keep with me.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    ikjadoon likes this.
  2. Mikell Czermendy

Mikell Czermendy Newbie

Reputations:
    What do you mean "true Enter key"?

3. Skylake_

Reputations:
    I mean the shape of the key: on the Spectre, the Enter is a small rectangular key; I'm used to have the classic Enter key, mirrored-L shape that is as long as 2 key rows; it's more comfortable and I don't risk to push other keys for mistake. Other keys on the Spectre, for instance </>, are in weird position.

4. Mikell Czermendy

Mikell Czermendy Newbie

Reputations:
    Ah, okay, interesting. See that would actually screw me up, I haven't typed on a board with a 2 row Enter key in years haha.

5. iatrou

iatrou Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi. I am thinking to buy this laptop. Is there a way to buy one with windows 10 pro instead of Home?

6. Mikell Czermendy

Mikell Czermendy Newbie

Reputations:
    Sure is! Just find a model you can "Customize and Buy", you can select Windows 10 Pro towards the top (it's like $70 more I believe). You'll have to wait a while for the laptop though (2-3 weeks) so you might as well pick the exact internals that you want while you're at it.

ikjadoon likes this.
  7. rocky85

rocky85 Newbie

Reputations:
    guys.. when you decrease the brightness, can you see something like dark grey lines if u see the screen through a camera?

but we can not see that dark / grey lines when we look at the screen directly without a camera. is this called PWM guys?

but, when i increase the brightness those dark grey lines disappear and almost not visible even when we see it using camera, but i think those lines are still there, it is just not really visible when the brightness is max.

is this totally normal ??

i made the video here

can you check and tell me if that is totally normal?

i am kind of big worried now because of the quality of this amoled screen on my laptop, it is too yellowish , and besides that, also those grey lines when viewed using a camera like in the video i uploaded above.

8. Skylake_

Reputations:
    Yeah on my unit I could see at least two horizontal bands in the middle of the display. Anyway, I'm returning my Spectre, because the overall impression is so and so to me.

9. iatrou

iatrou Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  10. iatrou

iatrou Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What you did't like in HP spectre 13 360?