HP Spectre 13T-3000

Discussion in 'HP' started by theboswell, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The HP Web Site shows December 9th ship date for a 13t-3000 ordered today. I know nothing about the Dell, but the UX302LA would be a good choice if you would be happy with a HDD rather than an SSD.

Good luck, Jim

2. shubmsp

shubmsp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

mine has been delayed twice, still don't have it. I asked for two day shipping, and paid for it, but is coming economy and can't be changed. they will give me credit for the shipping, and Other Credits that amount to $330, but I would really prefer to receive my computer on time. good luck

3. amai2

amai2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks for the info, sounds great. yes ill just be doing medium gaming at most, i just wasn't sure how strong the 4400 is.

i guess ill go with the qHD then! does the i7-4500u better help with the qHD display or not really? i was planning on getting the i5-4200u, so just curious what would make it worth it to get the i7? its my understanding that the i7 would just help out if i was doing heavy video editing or things like that, right? or would there be any other reasons to get the i7?

those who own the device, you should post some nice pictures, close ups, or take a video! id love to see the top lid of the laptop in better detail, how the color of it is etc.

also, did the laptop come with a carrying sleeve and mouse? i assume not, but i watched one video where they said it came with those 2 things.

4. Serg

Serg Nowhere - Everywhere

Reputations:
    I tried ordering online 3 times, and got rejected several times by HP.

Got tired of trying and said it wasn't worth it.

Went ahead and bought the ASUS Zenbook UX302LA instead

5. Foj

Foj Newbie

Reputations:
    Got the UK version today (13-3000ea), I'll be happy to answer any questions.

6. kcrusaders1

kcrusaders1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got hit with the delay :( Ship date moved up to on or before the 25th of this month. I called HP because I had a feeling it was delayed and was told that they will prioritize my shipment, which is nice and reassuring I guess. I was surprised at how quickly I got to a customer service representative. Can't wait to get my hands on that beautiful machine. One of the best looking ultrabooks currently in the market.

Called HP again and got a refund for 2 day shipping. Victory! :D

7. shubmsp

shubmsp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, surprise, I finally had it delivered. Now to do updates, load programs, and see if it is keeper. already I don't think I like the backlit keys, the keys are the wrong color with the light emiting oddly.

8. mcsey2k1

mcsey2k1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Congrats! Yes, as I already mentioned, the keyboard silver on white is the wrong combination, especially with the backlight on. So in a well lit room, I just turn the keyboard light off and the issue becomes a moot point. Also what I noticed is that I can see the keys better in a semi-dark room with the backlit off because the keys becomes silver on black.

Well I hope you enjoy it and I hope its a keeper for you. Kind Regards,

9. jake1110

jake1110 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'll be able to comment on FHD when I get mine. For now though, it hasn't updated on FedEx for over 24 hours....last status update I had was: International shipment release - Import on Wednesday and in Chongqing, dang.

Oh well, I've been sick the last several days so I don't mind. Yeah, I can see the problem with the keys. Guess I'll wait to judge for myself. I was okay with doing something a little different as I always seem to own the typical silver with black accents(including keys) laptops. Nothing wrong with that look though. If that's my biggest problem I encounter, I'm a-ok with that, lol.

10. mcsey2k1

mcsey2k1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The i7-4500U helps with a lot of things because it has a 4MB cache oppose to 3MB cache and the CPU is clocked a little higher as well as the 4400GPU base frequency. All of the upgrades helps with performance aspects, I am sure it helps out pushing pixels to the to the screen when it at full 2560x1440. If HP had the i7-4558U option I would've chosen that option. I am not saying it is significant difference between the two, but it helps!

No, there is no bag or mouse that comes with it. And taking pictures will not do this computer any justice. The Pics on HP website and the video links that are floating around are better then any pictures that I can send.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.