HP Spectre 13T-3000

Discussion in 'HP' started by theboswell, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taha.h

taha.h Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh, okay, man. Thanks a lot. but, it doesnt say that its FHD on the customization page.. on the US site,whereas on the UK,site,FHD is mentioned.
    and I'm coming from a MacBook Pro,too,which was 13 inch,tho and i want something exactly or some what quite similar to the macbook,so yeah..

2. mcsey2k1

mcsey2k1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It is definitely FHD, so no worries. When I go to the Webcam application and select the resolution option, 1920x1080 is one of them. So you are good. :thumbsup:

3. shubmsp

shubmsp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got the same deal (instead of two day shipping I was informed by FEDEX it was/is being shipped by inernational ECONOMY). Please let us know what if anything they gave back to you. I am really disgusted!

4. jake1110

jake1110 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got my tracking number finally! Not going to arrive until next Monday though......

Overall, I wound up with a generous set of credits and I wasn't even asking for them when I spoke on the phone!

My original 5% was $63.50 and today I received credits of $84.15, $36.50 and even $9.99 for shipping. It's still slow shipping but I don't mind, I just wanted it shipped!. If this ultrabook is as awesome as they everyone else is saying I will write them a glowing review for both the product and the service. My total cost is around $1130, with i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD, wifi AC, FHD. Also, I have $36 from Fatwallet too!

Can't wait until it gets here:)

5. mcsey2k1

mcsey2k1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Congrats! Finally :) I see you almost beat my deal, I ended up with $190 off, fully spected-out w/usb-ethernet adapter.

Yes, the laptop is awesome and you should be very happy. BTW, I have connected my laptop to my Cisco/Linksys EA6700 AC router and my connection speed is 860mb (From to the laptop to the Router, of course in close range) But when I am on the 3rd Floor My connection is still strong 450MBs. So the intel Wifi AC card is awesome and well worth the $20. So I almost have a 1Gig Wireless connection, which is meaningless for internet, because my internet connection is 25mb down /8mb up.

I also hooked up my external HP slim Blue-ray player and popped in Avatar and it was an awesome experience. Clean, Crisp, Color and the viewing angle easily surpasses 170 degrees. I have the qHD option, but the FHD should still yield the same results.

6. Piafinho

Piafinho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sill with some questions...

How does it behave when pushing the CPU to the limits? does it get hot? Does the fan get quite loud in that conditions?
    When using it mostly in idle with multiple aplications and browser tabs open how often does the fan kck in??

Any test yet of it unplugged from the power outlet to have an idea on how long does it last?

Thank again for the input...

7. Serg

Serg Nowhere - Everywhere

Reputations:
    I'm thinking on ordering the base one tomorrow morning.

But I'm worried about the shipping. I need it before the 20th of November delivered.

Have you guys received yours?

I can't have this kind of delay, if so, I'll be forced to go something else.

For those who already have it, is this laptop any good? Is it worth it? I quite like it but I'm on the fence between the new Dell Inspiron 14, the ASUS Zenbook UX302LA and the Spectre 13t-3000. (You can also comment on this little thread of mine to help me http://forum.notebookreview.com/wha...737371-urgent-need-thin-light-laptop-uni.html)

How bad is shipping? I'm going to choose to be safe, the 2 business day shipping.

8. amai2

amai2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    im very interested in this.

For those that have had it for a while, how has your battery life been while surfing the web and maybe watching HD videos?

I don't think I necessarily need the qHD screen, but is there any reason not to get it? Does scaling down to 1080p not look as good as if I were to just get the FHD screen? Are both panels IPS for sure? Is one maybe less glossy than another? Does the FHD have better viewing angles than the qHD?

How is touchpad accuracy? No problems with any clicking or scrolling right?

Lastly, more of a general question, is the HD4400 graphics sufficient for this machine? I was hoping to get something with Iris graphics but I might just go with this one. Is HD4400 a lot better than 4000? Or, I guess how much "worse" is 4400 than Iris 5000/5100?

9. mcsey2k1

mcsey2k1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I was one of the 1st to received it (on 10/31), so no delays with mine. However, others had issues, but they are now starting to get theirs as well. You have to realized that it is holiday season and this particular laptop is now starting to get some traction, mainly because it is one of the overlooked Ultra-Book out now and HP didn't do a good enough job in advertising it. So what I can see, if you need a laptop before the 20th, there is not a good chance.

The laptop is freakin' awesome! I am not going list the highlight again, I can only refer you to my previous post that list my pro/cons. I too, was looking at the Asus Zenbook, Samsung (Dell was never in the run for me) and I was reluctant to getting the HP Spectre 13T-3000 because of their history, but boy I am happy I did. And furthermore, I am happy I maxed out the spec. The HP feels EXTREMELY Premium and feels like it should cost more and the screen is awesome qHD), though it could have been a bit brighter.

The Asus, while nice, though not the much better then the HP, is way too much for the same specs ($500+). And as I mentioned in my previous post a 3200x 1800 screen is to much resolution for a 13.3 screen. I hope this helps!

10. mcsey2k1

mcsey2k1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The battery is about 6-7 hours with a mixture of surfing and video watching; I generally keep it plugged in.

While the qHD may not be needed, GET IT. Once again, GET IT!. The reason why, for $70 dollars it is well worth it. Yes, it can scaled down to 1920x1200/1920x1080 as well as other resolutions in between. The quality of screen it beautiful, crisp, colorful, and the viewing angle IMO surpassing 170 degrees. I can't comment on the FHD quality, as it may be a completely different screen, vendor and technology, and I suspect that may be the case, I am not, as well as most people, are not sure what the screen technology is, but if it isn't IPS or better I would be completely surprised. And if it is not, who cares, the viewing angles, the sharpness, crisp, colors makes this screen excellent. BTW: Excellent for photography (especially the qHD screen)

The the HD4400 is sufficient for the machine as it is a Ultrabook. If you want to go with the Iris with the 5100GPU and most likely the intel i7-4558U CPU then your price will jump significantly and almost certain you're going to run into heat issues. IMO, the combination of the 5100GPU/I7-4558U is best suited for a slightly larger chassis; a non-ultrubook (Though the CPU is a "Ultrabook" CPU) IF you are not going to do heavy gaming and only light to medium video/photo editing, then the I7-4500U with the 4400GPU is perfect combination. I'd recommend to anyone to get the i7-4500U over the i7-4200U.

Lastly, the touch-pad is very accurate and it is one of me favorite features (The touch zone feature is awesome) I don't like to touch my screen!!! Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.