*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashrack

ashrack Newbie

Reputations:
  2. rmg08057

rmg08057 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A friend has had a 4530s i7-2670 8Gb for nearly a year. She has these problems:

1. Connection to Wireless excellent, often 144Mbps to ISP which is good down this way.The bars on the connection graph though usually show only 1 or 2, flicking between the two.
    2. When in Chrome or IE will often/almost_continuously freeze and have to start another session on the browser. Extremely annoying, say when in gmail in the main inbox and a mail pops in, 9 times out of 10 the tab updates with the # of new unread emails (1 times in 10 it does do this), but the mail doesn't pop into the main inbox. Press refresh and it doesn't refresh. Have to start a new session on another tab. This happens all over browser windows.
    3. Wireless mouse/keyboard will not reliably work, whatever the USB used. Have tried 3 different sets.
    4. When plug in the external 24" monitor to the VGA port, this will, about 50-70% of the time cause the internet just to drop.
    5. Whenever moving around the system, the cursor spends about 50% of the time with the little circling arrow running.

Other information;
    a. no bloatware removed,
    b. has about 30 processes running (can't confirm this, from memory).
    c. Has had the bios redone on the wireless card, no change.

To me the problem is hardware, probably the motherboard, maybe just the wireless card? but why the problems with the USB and VGA connections? It could be that too much is being swallowed by the bloatware, but my wife's very similar machine, with even more processes and 1/2 the memory has no such issues.

Any thoughts?

Puzzled in Auckland.

3. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Could be a corruption on the OSto start with but as you stated too mobo's being fuzzy ...

4. timohour

timohour Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello all.

I own Probook 4530s and be very happy.
    But I was wondering if someone can provide me an F.0A.rom BIOS image.

I want to revert from F.20 back to F.0A using this guide but don't have the rom.

Someone who haven't updated to F.20 or after and is kind enough to provide me that rom.

thanks I appreciate any help

5. rmg08057

rmg08057 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Worked it out... we downloaded the HP Download Manager, then did a complete update of everything. On reboot the problem was gone. I suspect it was the graphics card driver update, because when looking closely at the gmail screen, the cursor changed from an arrow to a pointing hand at non-logical places. Anyway, sorted, including the problem with plugging in the monitor (another vote for the graphics card update).

6. ziyan

ziyan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  7. LivArt

LivArt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please, is there anybody, who can post there an ebay link for working caddy for 4x30s without modding? Thank you. :)

8. jayjr1105

jayjr1105 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I recently flashed it and now my RAM shows up as 597Mhz in CPU-Z. What gives!? That's not even 1333! On top of this, my 4430s has been acting really crazy lately. I have a top of the line Samsung SSD and it takes over a minute to boot most of the time. It used to be 25 seconds. I have also seen some hard locks within Windows 8. I have replaced RAM and SSD, If something were wrong I hope that it would still be under warranty.

9. koolimy

koolimy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, sorry if this is not related to your guys computers, but how do you guys like the reliability of your machines? Have there been many problems arising? Have you been able to use these machines for a long time without major problems? Do you think it would be able to last about 5 years?

I was interested in buying an HP probook, specifically the 4540s C8J06PA model:

ProBook 4540s C8J06PA :: COMPUZONE - 15

And was interested in the reliability of these machines.

Thank you.

10. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I would recomand this model , it has all needed especially the 2gb graphics chipset ... I would definitely upgrade to an ssd drive for sure !!! All said and who owns a probook will always buy a probook when in need of a new machine.