*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LivArt

LivArt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What about HP software like Driveguard, Power manager or Connection manager. Is available for Windows 8?

2. seiyafan

seiyafan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I want to buy a 4530s. According to Notebookcheck.net, 4530s has LCD manufactured by Chi Mei (~200 contrast) and Samsung (~400 contrast), I want to get the one with the higher contrast display, how do you tell if it uses Samsung?

3. Shemmy

Shemmy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if they've been updated for Windows 8, nor have I tried them on my install. However, all the hardware works just fine on Windows 8 - I've been using it for quite some time.

4. DavidC1980

DavidC1980 Newbie

Reputations:
    Right, I've been frustrated that there's no Win 8 touchpad driver out yet so we are missing the edge-gestures. I went to John Lewis today and all of the Win 8 latops have full gesture support, so I figured I would just find an HP laptop with average specs and download it's latest touchpad driver to test on my 4530s. It's worked!!!

I used the Pavilion G6 drivers and now I have the edge gestures. However there is one thing which is wrong. The LED on the top left corner of the touchpad is now lit when the touchpad is active and off when the touchpad is off. This is the opposite way round to how it usually is. I'll try some other drivers, but in the meatime, if anyone knows how to reverse that in a setting somewhere I'd be grateful if you can share.

Cheers,

DC

Update: Illumination is in the settings, I've turned it off. Sorted. It only comes on when the laptop 1st boots now and when on the lockscreen, which I can live with. Happy now.

5. jayjr1105

jayjr1105 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone figured out the fingerprint reader with windows 8 yet? My 4430s won't see it as a biometric device so I can't set it up for swipe logins. My device manager looks good (no missing drivers) but there must need to be an updated driver for windows 8 to see it properly.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

6. NautilusBH

NautilusBH Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I have Probook 4530s and I'm looking for working driver for my AMD Radeon 7470M for Windows 8 64bits.
    Because of the switchable graphics I'm now stuck with the Intel's graphic card.

7. Arminator

Arminator Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  8. NautilusBH

NautilusBH Newbie

Reputations:
  9. jason9922

jason9922 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have the same notebook also with 8GB of DDR3 1RX ram / #1 HDD C: = 120 GB Kingston SSHD is my boot drive, #2 HDD G: 320 GB Seagate 7200 rpm HDD is where my optical drive was with a HDD Caddy. I am having the same issue your having now that I've installed the OEM hard drive in the secondary bay. Whenever I leave the laptop alone or forget about it I have it set to shut off after ten minutes. When it shuts off it just goes to a black screen and you have to power it down and restart it to get Windows 7 Pro to come back up. Every time I have to do this I get the "Windows suddenly shut down" screen, the one where it asks if you want to boot I safe mode or "Start Windows normally" mode. Mine doesn't do what yours does when yours does, but it has the same problem as yours when it gets put to sleep with the secondary HDD SATA port being used by a HDD instead of the DVDRW drive. Maybe this info can help you pinpoint the problem? Maybe you know what the problem is with mine and could shoot me a pointer? LOL Any help would be cool! Thanks!
    Jason

10. hallerx1

hallerx1 Newbie

Reputations:
    When I purchased 4530s and a hdd caddy, I placed SSD drive into that caddy, which worked as a primary drive. This is when problems started to happen. When laptop gets to sleep, I cannot wake it up anymore. Once I replaced HDD with the SSD (HDD in external drive bay and SSD inside laptop), I do not have wake up issues anymore. Confirmed by many laptop owners - if you place your boot HDD/SSD into your external HDD caddy and plug it in instead of your DVD drive, you will most likely run into problems.