*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inzamextreme

inzamextreme Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nope. It's not added by F.27. It was present in F.20 and F.23...*Sigh* I've given up on overclocking.

2. gandhi2

gandhi2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is the Probook 4330s supporting mSATA drives?

3. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    A 4330s does not have a mSATA slot. Though you could use a optical drive caddy to create a SSD+HDD configuration. See http://forum.notebookreview.com/har...-ssd-hdd-storage-using-optical-bay-caddy.html .

If don't mind hardware hacking a 4330s, including soldering, then it would be possible to thread the e-SATA port internally to a empty spot to host a mSATA SSD.

4. gandhi2

gandhi2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply, looking at the service manual*, there is a WWAN slot(?) available in this model, so I assume you mean that this slot cannot be used as mSATA slot?

* http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03054507/c03054507.pdf

I have a drive caddy on my other probook already and it works great, however, id like to keep the DVD-rom on this machine.

5. willpower102

willpower102 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where did everyone buy their 4330s, 4331s, and 4230s ? I can't find these ANYWHERE. I mean, there are a couple of 4330s on ebayus, but without discrete graphics and at like $700! There are some on UK ebay, but same problem, 500+ GBP.

The only place I can find 4331s at is a thailand overclockzone forum.

And I can't find a 4230s anywhere!

Any insight on how you all came by these systems?

6. inzamextreme

inzamextreme Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can the people who used HP Fan Control please tell me what your maximum RPM was? When I set it to '0' it is usually 5342 RPM. However, when I'm playing demanding games (Battlefield 3) It randomly shoots up to 54xx. Now I know this isn't much of a difference, but how do I know that these are the maximum that can be attained? Maybe it can go higher!

7. jayjr1105

jayjr1105 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, new to the forums. I recently purchased a Probook 4430s from newegg. I installed a new 8GB G.Skill 1600 Kit of RAM and at first it showed as 1600MHz in CPU-z. Then I updated the BIOS from F.0A to F.27 the back down to F.20 and neither will run the RAM @ 1600. It looks to be now on 1333. Any way to fix this? Oddly enough after the BIOS update my W.E.I. score went up for Memory and Graphics even with the RAM only running at 1333 now. What gives?

On a side note, I just had a panic attack that my laptop may have been affected by the Intel B2 stepping recall but it turned out My serial # checked out clean from the issue even though CPU-Z shows B2 revision still.

8. jayjr1105

Reputations:
    Bump... I know I can't be the only person that updated their BIOS and saw 1600 RAM clock down to 1333...

9. Arminator

Arminator Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think there was a similar discussion on this issue... Try search and good luck!
    Anyway it seems that RAM speed is limited to 1333MHz by BIOS although CPU itself and chipset support higher speeds!

10. jayjr1105

Reputations:
    It's not exactly a simple search like "broken space bar" or "lcd too dim"... "BIOS update kills 1600 RAM speed" doesn't exactly yield several results. Obviously the BIOS is to blame for the speed drop being that on F.0A it was allowing the proper 1600 speed. I just wonder why HP would kill the ability to use 1600 RAM when it's obviously hardware supported. Maybe a RAM reseat?