*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well from the variuos models I come across in my work inc Dell , other HP's , acer , and Toshiba ... I can conclude that this model has a very dull picture unless calibrated and tweaked... but IMO its still a good screen and yes resolution is not the matter in this case.

RE:

You could take it back from where you bought it and see if other same models are displaying the same. Sometimes when a screen is faulty can start by deterioration sympthoms. Hope it helps you out.

2. phaustus

phaustus Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the suggestion. How did you manage to tweak it to get rid of the dull picture? Do you have any color profiles you can share or any calibration tips?

3. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    In my case I use the probook for very low power consumption thus I leave the screen nearly all dimmed for the sake of the battery. You could search on AV Forums for colour settings etc.

RE : Ok bro I sparred a couple o minutes for ya ... PM me and I will link you to a site where already was being discussed with software solution to your problem.

4. phaustus

phaustus Newbie

Reputations:
    I cannot see any option to e-mail or PM you. Am I missing something on this forum?

5. VA1

VA1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Click on his 'daitern name' and it will be under cantact info to send a PM

6. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I tried pm you but your settings in ur profile dont accept pm's, anyway try searching for Spyder4Pro calibration programm or Adobe Gamma. Always Save a spare profile because fiddling with your screen may result in bad or poorer image.

Hope it helps you out

7. xvvvz

xvvvz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    HP sent out an informational email about the following problem. It is good to read and know about the BIOS issue and workaround because I bet the issue might surface with other USB devices at some point.

------------------

DESCRIPTION

Connecting a wireless mouse receiver to any USB port on the notebook causes the Num Lock key to become disabled. As a result, the embedded number pad no longer allows standard numeric input. Pressing the Fn key in conjunction with the embedded number pad results in the expected numeric input, however.

To resolve this issue, do the following:

Restart the notebook.
    Press F10 to enter the BIOS setup screens.
    Select to System Configuration > Device Configuration , then disable USB Legacy Support .
    Select File , then select Save and Exit .

When a USB dongle for a wireless mouse is inserted into a USB port on the notebook, the BIOS treats that device as both a mouse and an external keyboard. This is because many USB dongles for wireless input devices can be used for both types of devices. As a result, the BIOS installs the drivers for both mouse and keyboard and then turns off the embedded number pad as it would for any USB keyboard.

By disabling USB Legacy Support in BIOS, the notebook no longer recognizes USB devices before the operating system loads and therefore does not automatically disable the embedded number pad when a wireless mouse or USB keyboard is connected to it.

8. willpower102

willpower102 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    He's blowing smoke.
    You can't "tweak" away an uncrisp pixel grid or low level of maximum contrast. It's just not physically possible to go any further than the hardware limitations of a poorly made screen.

Go into the nvideo color panel and you'll see. Turn EVERYTHING up. On a so called "tweakable" monitor, it will be so blown out that it will almost blind you. This just means that the hardware is good and you have lots of room to play with higher maximums.

On a poorly quality lcd. Regular looks bad and blown out barely looks normal.

9. ziyan

ziyan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My 4530s (i5 + 6490M) will arrive tomorrow. How can I update the catalyst? I guess the stock AMD drivers won't work, and HP's driver is pretty old :/ 12.4 speeds up Battlefield 3, so it'd be great to install it somehow.

10. Arminator

Arminator Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    First install the drivers from HP and then download latest Catalyst standalone installer and install it and it will be just fine! :)