*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arminator

Arminator Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    First download latest GPU-Z version... Then in "Switchable options", choose option which allows you to manually choose which GPU will be active (the ingrated or dedicated one)... After that activate dedicated GPU and then start GPU-Z and you will get percise informations regarding your card...
    anyway it is possible that HP has downclocked GPU core (in my case, according to Notebookcheck.net, 6490M core should run at 850MHz and on my 4530s it runs at 750MHz - 100MHz less)...
    Hope this was useful.
    Cheers :)

2. amorphis2012

amorphis2012 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. I tried but nothing changed. 400 Mhz GPU clock was obtained when a HD movie was being played. Perhaps I should try playing a heavy game and see...

As you said, it is very possible that HP has downclocked the GPU core.

3. tekgeek

tekgeek Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I am having 4430s notebook. I am unable to find hp recovery manager in the start menu .. I want to create recovery disks..but the only option available is the f11 at startup button. Downloaded hp recovery manager online but that won't work either..getting message hard disk.dll missing.

4. ColdnFrosty

ColdnFrosty Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was having an intermitent issue with my 4430S where keystrokes would not always appear on the screen. HP Support overnighted me a new keyboard including instructions on how to replace.

The entire replacement process took less than 5 minutes - probably closer to 3 minutes.

Unplug AC, flip laptop upside down, remove battery, remove bottom cover, remove two clearly marked "keyboard" screws on bottom, flip laptop right side up, lift out keyboard, unplug ribbon cable, reverse for new keyboard.

Love this laptop for its ease of maintenance! Thanks HP.

:)

5. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Nearly all HP laptops are this easy , When I have a customer with HP laptop for whatever reason or trouble I always have my mind at peace ....

6. hhhd1

hhhd1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it possible to take out the fan of the 4530s from the bottom cover only to clean the airways, or is it required to take out the main board before being able to access it ?

7. phaustus

phaustus Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I have just bought a HP ProBook 4530s and I was curios if everyone is happy with the display quality? Is it just my impression or does it really lack sharpness. I am able to see the pixel grid clearly and it feels like it's not up to today's standards. It's worse than my LCD monitor that's 6 years old!

Can you guys comment on this? How do you find working or viewing photos on this display?

Thanks!

8. Arminator

Arminator Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe you should have bought the one with the higher display resolution?
    I am fine with my 1366*768...

9. phaustus

phaustus Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, I didn't know I would find it this troublesome. A I said, I find it worse than my 6 year old LCD monitor. The resolution in itself is not the problem, rather the lack of sharpness and the visible pixel grid.

When I buy a 1366x768 display in 2012, I expect it to at least be decent and on par my old 1280x1024 LCD monitor. I do not think I should be content with a sub-standard quality just because it's the HD one, and not the HD+ one.

That's why I'm asking if it's just my impression and you guys are OK with the display, or if there are other people here who are disappointed by it.

Thanks!

10. VA1

VA1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Screen resolution is fine for me so not disappointed. Also most of the time it is hooked into an external monitor so it's fine