*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhonq

jhonq Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Users can edit at what temp to start the fan, with what speed, when to increase, decrease, turn off. NASA style...

2. rere252

rere252 Newbie

Reputations:
    After I uninstalled TPFancontrol the fans don't speed up anymore when the CPU gets hot, any cure for this?

3. hhhd1

hhhd1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    shutdown the computer, disconnect the power cord, remove the batter, wait 10 seconds.

next time you start up the ec should be reset.

4. rere252

rere252 Newbie

Reputations:
    That fixed it, Thanks!

5. surge101

surge101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    4530s is now $499 at Newegg. Mine was purchased when they went on sale a couple weeks ago for $549.

6. racer7890

racer7890 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anybody tried installing an Ivy Bridge processor in the 4330s/4530s? Would such a thing even work?

I was thinking of installing a 3720QM if it worked.

7. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    There are Lenovo and HP Series-7 systems now being offered with Sandy Bridge CPUs. That means Ivy and Sandy Bridge CPU chips themselves are pin compatible.

However, I read somewhere that ME 8.x firmware is required to run the Sandy Bridge CPUs. That will come in the new Series-7 systems. However, I've outlined how we could flash that to an older Series-6 systems at http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...ebook-2560p-owners-lounge-19.html#post8527661 .

Hoping a pioneer has the gear to report if that works or not. If it does then the only remaining benefit a native Ivy Bridge system would have over Sandy Bridge is USB 3.0. Not at all a problem for some of us.

8. hhhd1

hhhd1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It would need to be supported by the bios, and if there no 4530s laptops comes with ivy bridge as a default processor, then i doubt they went through the trouble of adding its support in the bios.

Some one would have a try (without putting your hopes up),
    They did release a bios update about a month ago, which could have included the necessary update ...

9. penguinpro

penguinpro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I realize this has been discussed a little while back, but I registered to post the results of my upgrades. FWIW, everything is operational and I have no trouble with the machine at all.

Model#: LJ517UT#ABA

Replaced the Atheros WLAN/BT card with Intel 6230 WLAN/BT card (Purchased from eBay - verified NOT ES and no HP part number)
    Updated BIOS directly from F.09 to F.23 (No fan speed trouble by default - disabled "Fan always on while plugged in")
    Replaced 500GB HDD with Crucial M4 256GB SSD
    --> Update SSD firmware from 0309 to 000F
    --> Disabled LPM in Intel RST software via Windows Registry (without this, the M4 has trouble with LPM and causes stutters)
    Added matched set of Crucial DDR3 4GB RAM (8GB total) (Removed single chip that came with the laptop)
    Replaced all drivers with latest from HP website and then replaced latest HP drivers with drivers directly from Intel website.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the this thread, it has made life easier for me!

10. amorphis2012

amorphis2012 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've just bought a HP Probook 4530s (core i5 2450M, 4Gb RAM, Radeon 7470M). The GPU-Z shows that my 7470M stucks at only 32 bit bus width and at 400 Mhz maximal GPU core clock ! That's crazy, compared to the information given here:
    AMD Radeon HD 7470M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Searching "7470M Techpowerup" on Google, I find out that some HP laptops also have the 7470M with only 32 bit bus width. On the other hand, the 7470M on Asus laptops, for instance, is consistent with the manufacturer's information. So can anyone explain this downgrade for me, and how to fix it ? Thanks in advance.