*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flawlessglassman

flawlessglassman Newbie

Reputations:
    I am new to the forum and looking for some help with a problem that is driving me crazy. My 4530s will reboot by itself and come to a screen that appears to be trying to load off of the lan with a bunch of garbage on the screen. After it does that for a while it reboots to a screen that tells be that no bootable device can be found and I have to hard reset twice to get my system back up again. Can anyone help me with this. I have updated drivers/bios and just cant get it figured out. PLEASE HELP........

THANKS!

2. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Give us more info... hdd stock or changed ? Which os ? does fault occur after some time or depending on material loaded ?

3. sam781

sam781 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I cannot burn CD/DVD in my Probook 4530s. Writer model: hp CDDVDW TS-L633R. CD/DVD. Reading for some disks are okay. Sometime it cannot read some disks.

Give me suggestion

4. VA1

VA1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can anybody with an SSD comment if it increases battery or reduces heat/fan noises? I am considering on upgrading to an SSD. Is it worth it?

5. wyemarn

wyemarn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    SSD will increase battery life a little but the biggest improvement is how much faster and snappier your system will run.

I've been using SSD for all my computers for over a year and I seriously can't switch back to HDD. It's just too slow.

6. Shemmy

Shemmy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I concur with wyemarn. There's nothing like the speed of an SSD, especially if you've also maxed out your RAM.

7. Davis Goertzen

Davis Goertzen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all,

First post here. I'm contemplating whether or not to get a 15.6" 4530s, and I need a little input.

First, a little background. My current laptop is 3-year-old HP Compaq 6830s, which still works, but is starting to show its age, and running a bit on the hot side (but better now that I smartened up and got a laptop cooler). 3 Gb RAM, P8400 Core 2 Duo at 2.26 Ghz, running XP Pro.

I'm a medical transcriptionist, so I have a good keyboard and mouse to use. The company I work has set up a virtual machine on my current rig, and from inside there, I connect to a VPN. Trying to run a virtual machine on 512 Mb RAM can make for a bit of a laggy experience.

Beyond this, I also use my laptop to listen to music, surf the web, watch youtube, do some home movies sometimes, stuff like that.

So anyway, I'm considering this laptop, the i5 model. Here are some of my thoughts so far:
    - Reliability. It appealed to me that this machine is HP's business line, and that it has an aluminum body. Can anyone give me more detail?
    -Longevity. I'd prefer something that I didn't have to replace for several years. I guess this is connected with reliability.
    -Ability to handle several tasks at the same time, smoothly, including the virtual machine. If the baseline 4 Gb RAM comes a little short, I'm pretty confident that I'm tech savvy enough to get some more and install it.
    -I don't really play any demanding games.
    -I realize the battery life isn't the greatest. I'm not too worried about that, for my purposes.

So, what do you all think? Would you recommend something different for my purposes, or would this one work fairly well for me? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Davis

8. dy1980

dy1980 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, that update showed up in my list as well, and mine doesnt have the ATI chip, just the integrated graphics. I didnt install it and I just clicked ignore on it because I wasnt sure what it was.

9. Arminator

Arminator Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Since no one touts, I will (try to) add something from my experience...
    Well looking at the list of your needs, I think 4530s would fit your needs... Since you do not need dedicated GPU, you will be more than satisfied with Intel HD3000 which comes integrated in CPU (especially when it comes to battery life)...
    Regarding CPU, if you are planning to use it for several years than go straight for quad-core Core i7 version...
    Regarding RAM, well, mine came with 4GB in one slot so I can easily add 2 or 4 GB more...But for now I am good with 4GB...
    And when it comes to HDD, you can go with SSD upgrade but again check what meets your needs...
    Regarding build quality, I am very happy with it... It seems tough enough and at the same time very stylish, especially the brushed aluminum part...And it is quite light to carry around (compared to my old Acer Aspire 5520G which almost always "broke my back" :) )...
    I hope you will find this useful... ;)
    Cheers

10. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Totally Agree and I must add also that this laptop upgrades to 16gb of Ram, unofficialy from HP but tried and tested on this and another forum as well. Like Arminator said an SSD upgrade would push this machine to greater performance. That says it all...