*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA1

VA1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey I updated my bios from f.09 to f.20 so that I could turn off the fan or reduce when on a/c. I cannot seem to find the option. Any help?

2. Jamoke60

Jamoke60 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just hopped onto this topic, after you answered a prior questions. Could you please instruct on benefits of BIOS updating, exactly how this is done, any instructional links? Thanks very much.

3. Arminator

Arminator Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @VA1:

When in BIOS, go to System Configuration, then go to "Device Configurations" and you will find turn on/off fan option in the list...

Hope this was useful...

Cheers :)

4. ize

ize Newbie

Reputations:
    The "fan always on in a/c power" option is also available with BIOS F.0A
    Have been reluctant to upgrade to F.20 since that version is not possible to downgrade (just in case). The only so called enhancement is the BIOS update process itself, from HP website:
    "Provides improved security for the BIOS flashing process. NOTE: After this BIOS update has been installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be installed"

But some reports with trouble waking the computer from sleep and even worse fan speeds with F.20. Can anyone confirm this or any other detected issues?

5. VA1

VA1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Updated f.09 to f.20
    I had no problem updating it and I am pretty sure you can jump back a previous BIOS version (I see the option in my BIOS). However, I still see no option for fan speed or even system config for that matter...

6. daitern

daitern Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks :) , Yes I used an hdmi cable...The tv is a bravia hd ready meaning it displays 720p or 1080i. Only drawback is that refresh rate is only 30 hertz not 60 but still i viewed some hd content with no hassle. I am loving this laptop even more with its great features.

7. Arminator

Reputations:
    Hey guys.
    I just installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit as my primary OS on my 4530s...
    Anyway, everything worked great... All drivers for Windows 7 worked fine except the GPU driver since it is switchable... Anyway I managed to get it working: first install the original VGA driver from HP site (for Windows 7) and then install AMD Catalyst for Windows 8 CP and it all works just fine (you can find it on AMD.com ...
    Also tried it my HDTV via HDMI and it all works just fine...

8. VA1

VA1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for the update! Sounds good however personally I won't upgrade until the actual version get's released.:D

9. wazilmankara

wazilmankara Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought a 4530s recently.. i am facing problem with vertical scrolling in touchpad..its not working..can anybody help me out in this issue.. wht i hve to do for getting the vertical scrolling in touchpad.. thanks for the help in advance

10. Arminator

Reputations:
    You have tutorial integrated in Synaptics software how to use these stuff such as scrolling, rotating images, how to slide images and regarding vertical and horizontal scrolling...
    Anyway if you have not installed Synaptics driver you can find it here (this driver is for Windows 7 64-bit):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...0880&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4059#11318

Cheers :)