*HP ProBook 4430s & 4530s Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by xvvvz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamoke60

Jamoke60 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Was happy to see that this forum was still active, hoping I might get some good advice here again.
    I've been using a Probook 4530s (bought 11/12) going on 5 yrs now with no problems (other than the replacement of the HP OEM 320 GB HDD under warranty before opting for a Toshiba 500 GB unit that has held up > 3 yrs now).
    I have the entry-level build for this unit: Intel Core i3, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 Pro x64, AV: MSE, MWB Prem, SpyBot
    Nothing else upgraded from orig, other than updating of all HP drivers/software, and Micro Updates.
    However, I've never been able to download the large 'Service Pack' SP1 of bundled updates: after innumerable dwnld attempts (with/wo AV), all other recommended diag/fixes, simply gave up.
    Without SP1, no Explorer upgrade is possible beyond 9.
    Up to now - for my simple uses - this was OK, but any online work is becoming more difficult bec Exp 9 is not compatible with most sites now.
    I am not esp tech savvy, have helped myself with most things up to now, but after a few calls to PC pros (and getting high $ quotes) I realize that a major reconfiguration of OS, browser, etc is required.
    I would welcome any suggestions as to what I might be able to do myself, what I should farm out.
    Otherwise I have an attachment to this HP: strong aluminum case, big display, decent batt life (with extended cell).
    Don't mind the weight, probably stop a bullet! Thanks!