Hp Pavilion Power 15T vs Other Thin/Light/Cheap Gaming??

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by ctenc001, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctenc001

ctenc001 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Asus G501Jw just died randomly, and i'm looking for a replacement. The G501 was hands down the nicest laptop I've ever owned, and if I could find it in 6-$700 id buy it again even used.. Unfortanately due to how random it died, I'm a little short on funds. .

Shopping around, i stumbled across the Pavilion Power. You can get the I5-7300HQ quad + NVIDIA 1050 GPU witha FHD IPS display for $619.99!!

Coming from my Asus, i'm concerned with the build quality, how cool it stays during lifht gaming such as leaque of legends, screen quality, battery life, etc.

1) What is your budget?

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
    3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
    USA

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    yes, even used.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    Online is good

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
    Windows 10

Screen Specifics
    1080P IPS. Touch is nice but not required

Build Quality and Design

Under 1 inch thick, and under 5lbs

Notebook Components

I plan to install my own ssd, ram upgrades, etc.

It needs a good cooling system. No hotspots over 50C when playing a game like League of Legends, I play with it on my lap frequently.

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You might want to ask these questions over in the HP forum where you're more likely to find its owners.

3. ctenc001

ctenc001 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm I retested in alternatives which is why I posted here. If there are similar specified laptops with a similar or smaller form factor in y price range I'd like to hear them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.