HP Omen X Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Graedon, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:

All good. Hopefully someone in this thread can help out lol..

2. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sweet, just built a desktop back in August with an 8700k and gtx 1080.

Disregard the kid's toys lol
    IMG_0001.JPG

Still keeping my omen for "portability" (mainly from floor to floor) since my portable option (mid 2012 macbook pro with an hd4000) isn't running anything other than 10 year old games .

Shark00n likes this.
  3. krazy_kh

krazy_kh Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Everyone. I have a very non-technical question regarding Omen X :)......Has anyone found a neoprene (or some other material) Sleeve that this laptop can fit into ? At first I had trouble finding a backpack that this monster would comfortably fit into..finally found the awesome (and expensive) Everki Titan. I'm travelling a lot these days and would be more comfortable if my laptop had a sleeve on while inside the backpack. Amazon Canada doesn't seem to have any 17.3 inch sleeves that can fit this beast..Any help in would be most appreciated. Thank You

4. Riktar

Reputations:
    I remember those everki pockets being padded. In any case, you could technically get this "sleeve" but i'm sure it's overkill with the titan.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZWL2RK/ref=psdc_335609011_t2_B01EJUGD9I

Do you happen to have any pics of the laptop in the titan? Wanted to get a better idea of the laptop in there. I'm still on the market for a replacement. Currently have a Slappa 17/18 in messenger (more than enough room and padded to the brim) and a Northface Router 17 (tight fit). I

had an everki Beacon in the past, so i'm debating between going back to Everki or going with the Omen X laptop bag from HP https://www.amazon.com/HP-Transcept...1542128948&sr=1-1&keywords=omen+x+transceptor

krazy_kh likes this.
  5. krazy_kh

krazy_kh Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry for the delay..here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the Titan swallows the Omen X with room to spare, I'm wondering if I should have gone with the slightly smaller Beacon?
    When you talked about the Omen backpack , I thought you were talking about the crappy HP Omen Backpack that came with my Omen X, this one
    [​IMG]

I didn't know there was an actual Omen X backpack , this thing looks awesome but I don't feel like it will be so much better than the Titan that I pay almost CAD $ 90 more for it. It's for $ 249.99 at HP.ca

Getting back to my initial issue, the sleeve..the Everki Commute sleeve that you posted seems quite nice but I dontb know if it would fit in the laptop section of the Titan, and would the Omen X fit onto the 17 inch sleeve or would I need the 18.4 inch one,,has anyone here tried fitting their Omen X inside the Everki Commute ? any insight would be appreciated

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Riktar

Reputations:
    Thanks for the pics! also, wait ... yours came with a backpack!? I agree, i think the pricing is all funky on it, they started out at 250, then permanent markdown to 199 with a permanent discount at $179.... now it's down to $149 lol. I got my hands on it at micro center, it's actually pretty sweet but it's still up in the air at this point.

Regarding the sleeve... based on the specs alone, it sounds like you won't be able to fit it in the 17 in sleeve (Omen X 17 Dimension : 16.7 x 12.9 x 1.4 in vs Lid: 16.5” x 11.0” x 1.58”. i'm sure you could put it inside the compartment but now inside the backpack's built in sleeve.

7. Riktar

Reputations:
  8. Riktar

Reputations:
    Finally got a chance to test out the omen x transceptor backpack. This thing is built tough, tough materials, solid stitching (and double stitching), along with padding and straps all over. It definitely isn’t a small bag by any means and it’s not as subtle as my north face router backpack but it also is meant to carry a crap ton of stuff. Imo, it’s right at the edge of gaming and casual backpack territory. Would you stand out in a crowd with this , probably ... yes, is it as obvious as an AW or msi, no. I was able to stack a full size keyboard and honestly you could cram another full size keyboard next to it. The hard shell is advertised for headphones although, I’m too paranoid to just leave any headset just dangling in a compartment. I have mine in a molded hard shell , which I just toss in there along with the massive brick and a ds4 controller and a mouse.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Vasudev likes this.