HP Omen X Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Graedon, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Thorbjørn

Thorbjørn Newbie

Reputations:
    In the notebookcheck review they wrote:
    "As a quick note, the integrated graphics chip is disabled due to the G-Sync display. This can be re-enabled via the BIOS, but this setting disables the GTX 1080."

So maybe the switch in the BIOS is called something with G-Sync?
    This feature is really important to me to maximise battery life and minimize fan noise while in school. This is the only thing stopping me from buying the Omen X laptop 17.

2. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It doesn't exist. There's a reason why it has a 99wh battery. G-sync requires a physical connection to the gtx 1080, bypassing the integrated gpu. This is a desktop replacement. The power brick itself is the weight of an ultrabook. The fans are quiet or silent when unplugged anyway.

3. thedev1ant

thedev1ant Newbie

Reputations:
    Random question. Are there any generic chargers for the HP Omen X? I would like to have one that I keeped packed up for on the road situations. Please leaves links or where to look if so :)

4. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would guess a 330w power brick with an HP style plug would work? maybe someone can chime in and confirm?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  5. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The 330W power brick from Dell or the one used in Clevos or MSIs should work. Just a question of confirming the plug type.

6. krelianx

krelianx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  7. krelianx

krelianx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey dudes. Yesterday, i had some HP updates happen, and today I noticed my touchpad was completely useless. I didn't check it yesterday (docked to my desktop setup mostly) but now the windows Precision Drivers i had installed no longer function, nor am i able to successfully reinstall them. I had to uninstall all drivers, reinstall the synaptics driver from HP, and now I'm stuck with the sh**y factory stuff. Anyone else dealing with this? I can't be the only one that installed the Precision right

9. isko

isko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi to all :) I get my Omen X and. I LOVE IT.

But i have first question. The display is not clean white, it is little yellow. How to fix this? :(

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

10. Dingo83

Dingo83 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Everyone,

Got my X a few weeks ago, and I just have some questions about operating temps. So, what are normal idle temps for this machine? I have the 7700HQ. Ambient room temp is 70F, and I have the processors set at 5% minimum and 100% max using the windows power settings, just this particular plan. Also using HP cool sense with the Bios "fan on all the time" feature disabled. Idles at 60c on a flat desk. Now, when running at full clock all the time, I get about 63-65c idle, and a slow creep to 85c when under load from games. 1070 also creeps up to 75c in about 15 minutes. Are these normal? Stock paste so far. I have two unopened Arctic mx-4 packages, are these any good?