HP Omen X Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Graedon, Dec 8, 2017.

1. FaustKnight

FaustKnight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The delay isn't you, it's a driver issue. I tried the driver Windows provided and it fixed it, but fubared the headphone switching.

2. thedev1ant

thedev1ant Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a question regarding thunderbolt 3 / usb c and a triple monitor setup. I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to go about this? Once I started looking into docks and stuff I began to realize that I don't know if the HP Omen X 17 with the (1080) could handle more than three displays? I was reading some of these adapters require "MST"? Ideally I'd be fine using two thunderbolt 3 / USB C, one outputting to two monitors and one outputting to the side monitors. Thanks!

3. Assault

Assault Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    F10 in boot to bios, go to System Configuration tab, then go down to Battery Care. Set it to either 50%, 80%, or 100%. F10 Save and exit.

4. Assault

Assault Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is a mini display port, which I use to run a QHD 144hz monitor, and also an HDMI port. I have a simple USB C port replicator I tried, which also has its own mini displayport, but it set my refresh rate to 75hz max at QHD. Should be 3 just from that, though.

5. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah this is really getting on my nerves....
    I even formatted and it didn't fix sh*t...

Audio from VLC videos takes like 2 seconds to start after the video, it's really annoying specially considering I work with a lot of 2-5sec clips...

6. Toltec_

Toltec_ Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the instructions. Unfortunately this is all I receive when I hit F10 and go to System Configuration tab. Should I update something? [​IMG]Here's the image: https://ibb.co/fZWQ5J [​IMG]

7. isko

isko Newbie

Reputations:
    Here I am after two months with one same question :) is omen x 17 with 1080 GPU best gaming laptop in market? Price tag 2100 USD.

And I have few questions:

1. Is better to take 120mhz or 144mhz display in Omen?

2. Is better to go with someone other laptop with newer CPU and 1070 GPU or i7-7820HK with 1080 GPU?

3. What is your advices if I buy Omen X (what first I need to do) or you have some other laptop to propose me?

4. And what is bad things about Omen X? I hear the 120mhz display is very bad, the better is to choose 144mhz.

P.s. And yes, do you know some other websites where can I buy the same Omen with less price?

Thx you so much :) im planing in these 10 day's to buy new gaming laptop. Your Honest advice wil help me a lot :)

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk