HP Omen X Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Graedon, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    LOL, if it can't even do that right...

Is there any downside to just uninstalling this sh*t? Omen Control Center I mean.
    I have my lighting off everytime. Have no use for that "network booster" thingy. I liked the macros a lot but, to be honest, haven't gotten around to configuring them again when I switched to the Omen. I don't use the OC controls....

Think uninstalling will make it behave weirdly in any way?

2. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When I did a clean reinstall I had it off for a couple days. From what I've seen, and I had no OC at the time, It just affected the keyboard lighting and the omen key on the keyboard. I use single colors but I still find the software useful.

3. FaustKnight

FaustKnight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I actually use and love the network booster. At work we use two different networks and have to switch back and forth depending on which tool we need to access, this little program allows me to assign specific programs to adapters, and it actually works 100% of the time, even after closing the Omen software (until reboot).

I seriously wish I could find this same app not bundled with the Omen software. I've looked, but haven't found the same thing.

The gimped XTU in it sucks, the lighting I can take or leave, the macro editor works fine for me.

Shark00n likes this.
  4. Shark00n

Reputations:
    I was having some issues with lag over WiFi connections. Specially noticeable in games where I'd have spikes to over 450ms ping when the usual is around 40ms.
    It's the Realtek wifi card acting up.

This helped me and solved my issue! Some of the stock settings were very conservative.

Riktar likes this.
  5. Assault

Assault Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How are you guys using your laptop mainly? Mine typically stays on a cooler running my desk. I have Battery Health set to 50% (BIOS) and mainly just use it as my main desktop with an MSI GS65 running around in my packpack. Show me what ya'll got!

30425031_10216502567581911_3320230198502591784_o.jpg

Shark00n, Eclipse251 and Riktar like this.
  6. FaustKnight

FaustKnight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tote mine to work and back daily. At home it stays in my bag unless I'm working remote. I already have a beast of a desktop.

Assault likes this.
  7. Shark00n

Reputations:
    Im with FaustKnight. I carry mine daily to work, when I get home ir rarely leaves the backpack, unless I have more work to do.
    I also have my little desktop beast.
    But on the weekends I use the Omen X a lot! Lan-parties with friends are a great way to spend a chill saturday.
    I'll take some photos later.

On another note, has anyone started to notice a hissing noise thru the headphone port?
    I don't know if it's drivers, software or what. But it's suuuuuper annoying!
    Happens specially when there's stuff going on in the screen that use the 1080 GPU. Like playing games or watching youtube videos. If there's no sound the hissing if very noticeable.

Think this is a RMA matter?

8. Assault

Assault Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I never use the audio Jack on the laptop, I did have a whine from my speakers that are connected to the monitor, that is connected to the mini displayport. Idk if they're related and honestly I think the sound quit awhile ago.. I'll keep an ear out for it.