HP Omen X Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Graedon, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's hard to beat the price / performance... Especially if you call hp stateside (that same exact setup with the 144hz display upgrade can be had for $2000 including tax). My issues with excessive back light bleed panels are documented above but not really experiencing any other issues. I'm sure others can chime in with their take on it.

isko likes this.
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just a MSI 1070 with a hardware TDP mod to 200W.
    CPU cores are fixed multiplier. That test was x42 but I can go much higher.
    Probably your ODM's cancer bios firmware limiting your clocks. There's a reason brother @Papusan said this jokebook makes MSI's look like Clevo LGAbooks in comparison to yours, and to avoid all jokebooks if you want to game without throttling and overclock them reliably.

KY_BULLET likes this.
  3. Riktar

Reputations:
    haha, y'all are bumming me out man!

4. isko

isko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I faind Omen X 17 with that specification with price 2200 USD. And I think in New York im free from the tax.

Is every Omen X suffer from the bad display?

How he behaves when you playing games? Is good when cooling? And is there any bad side of Omen X?

P.S.
    I need to decide to buy one of these, what do you think:

1. HP Omen X 17 ( i7 7820HK, 16GB ram, GPU 1080, 1TB Hdd + 256ssd) - medium cost - 2200 usd

2. Asus G701VI-XB72K (i7 7820HK, 32GB Ram, GPU 1080, 512ssd) - higher cost - 2500 usd

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Torinosuke

Torinosuke Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had my Omen X for a couple weeks now and it's been great, no complaints! I say go for it

6. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Why are you looking at Intel 7th Generation "Kaby Lake" Intel® Core™ i7-7820HK now that the Intel 8th Gen "Coffee Lake" Intel® Core™ i7-8850H and Intel® Core™ i9-8950HK CPUs have been released?

Falkentyne and isko like this.
  7. isko

isko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thx a lot for your answer. I know the new CPU, but the problem is I can't take new CPU and 1080gpu for 2200 usd :(

Or maybe i can but i dont know where to buy it?

P.s. how much difference will be old cpu i 7820 and new one???

8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @isko What if you save up for awhile until you can afford the new chips? :)

isko likes this.
  9. isko

isko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No problem I can wait for new CPU. :)

Please can someone explain me this:

The new MSI GS65 with new CPU is coming for 5 days. But what I faind from benchmarks the new MSI GS65 Intel's new 8th gen, six-core Coffee Lake processor, which promises 20 percent is not showing so big step.

I will upload some screenshots here MSI GS65 (with new cpu, 1070GPU) vs HP Omen (with 7700 cpu, 1070GPU). And how I see they are no better. ( i don't compare here MSI GS65 1070gpu vs Omen with 1080gpu)

Maybe I'm wrong, but please your help will be good for me. Why here new cpu with all same specification like Omen is not good?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Riktar

Reputations:
    Well you are comparing a new vs old CPU. From the looks of it, there is a considerable boost in performance on the g65 but the omen x still cranks out more power in instances that rely more on the GPU. Also factor in the form factor, one is meant to be portable on the go while the other is much heavier and thicker and is meant to be more "serviceable". If you compare apples to apples, a 8th gen 1080 unit will handily beat a 7th gen 1080.... and in a few months there might even be a new GPU so there's that to consider as well.

Donald@HIDevolution and isko like this.