HP Omen X Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Graedon, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    4.2GHz@+-13550 in Firestrike Physics. You have BGA maybe @Falkentyne can give you the correct Physics scores for you. Scores can be lower if you have much bloat from the OEM. See, this mess is delivered with the Msibooks.

Falkentyne likes this.
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nice foam dam. How squishy was it? Does it compress to the width of a human hair with your fingers? that's VERY important otherwise it can hurt temps by reducing HS pressure!

3. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    That physics score is atrocious. And how come your 1080 is losing to a 200W TDP 1070? Even at lower TDP you shouldn't have such a low graphics.
    @Papusan

[​IMG]

Papusan likes this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    I said +-13550 in physics. 10 point above is well within the margin:D

Edit...@Riktar I forgot that I posted about this model before. Take a look in this thread http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...scussion-thread.794965/page-436#post-10682530

If you use HP's overclocking utility, maybe switch over to ThrottleStop or pure XTU. Either with collaboration with Bios or as standalone without.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Falkentyne likes this.
  5. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    @Papusan I see what you did there!
    Anyway @Riktar can't fix his physics score can he? Maybe his GTX 1080 score can be improved, set Anisotropic filtering to application controlled, and vertical sync to app controlled and disable Gsync? Maybe?

6. Papusan

Reputations:
    This won't fix his low Physics score. Read my steps above. HP, same as Alienware have started create a useless OC tool. It's crippled by design. Use TS or Xtu.

7. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They were pretty squishy, maybe not paper thin when compressed but still.

But I think it will work better. They are pretty stuck in place, I'm confident they'll prevent any leakages if it comes to that.

I also accounted for the extra thickness. The foam around the GPU is fitted to the chip, which is taller than the mb. The CPU side of the heatsink has extra volume, so the foam was cut to size measuring it.

cpu closest
    [​IMG]

Riktar likes this.
  8. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    That's good work. And now you have the extra security of knowing that the LM will NEVER escape from the chip area and get on the PCB.
    I found that there are other options if foam is not available which work well as dams too:

1) K5 Pro. Using a barrier around the CPU or GPU with K5 Pro works well as long as the gap is very small. It won't melt or move so it won't go anywhere
    2) Silicone RTV if done how Mr Fox applies it (very tricky, only use this if you are using kapton tape to insulate the SMD resistors. No idea if this work as well with Super 33+ tape
    3) Really old, super thick paste like Radio Shack thermal compound (that YEARS old stuff) or Arctic Ceramique also work as dams! Not sure if Ceramique 2 works or not.

9. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Haha! Well damn... I was comparing output to my aw17r4 and overall scores Vs notebookcheck results. I'm not going to bother tweaking this one just yet, they're sending me a replacement since the back light bleed is driving me crazy, especially at night. I did overclock it with Xtu and not the omen tool (which is useless imo). Are you ocing all cores or just primary? Also running a -.120mv undervolt, could that be causing it?

Which 1070 setup was that? That's a solid 1070 haha.

10. isko

isko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi to all

I would like to buy HP Omen X 17 ( i7 7820HK, 16GB ram, GPU 1080, 1TB Hdd + 256ssd). Can you tell me a bad sides of this laptop? How is cooling? How is display and etc...

Or you will recommender me some other laptop? Budget: 2200 usd

Thx a lot for all answers :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk