HP Omen X Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Graedon, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    8265 is very cheap from ebay

9260 is also available

2. Paul16

Paul16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nobody knows?

3. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It should be easy enough to replace. Google for the Omen X laptop's service guide from HP and you'll get instructions on how to get the panel off.

Is anyone else experiencing random hissing thru the headphone port?

Talking about upgrades. I'll be installing an Intel 8265 WiFi card soon as the Realtek that comes standard isn't very stable with 5GHz connections.

As discussed earlier I'm also trying to upgrade the stock 120Hz display. The pixel response times and ghosting are just way too bad... I was thinking about getting the 144Hz IPS that's also available in the Omen X but now I'm wondering, you guys think other panels will also be compatible? Like the Chin-Mei 120Hz TN available in some MSI laptops which is a really nice one.

This one - http://www.panelook.com/N173HHE-G32_Innolux_17.3_LCM_overview_28924.html

It looks like a better upgrade than the 144Hz IPS as that one isn't really bright enough.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  4. momo-master

momo-master Newbie

Reputations:
    hi,
    I'm planning on repasting and was wondering if the heatsink was copper or aluminum

5. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've uploaded some photos on repasting somewhere in the previous pages. It's all copper.

momo-master likes this.
  6. momo-master

momo-master Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks dude

7. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So just received a unit with same configuration and a 7700hq instead of a 7820hk (the 7820hk should be here this weekend) hp made a mistake :(.

Well gotta say in comparison to the one I saw before... The back light bleed is a real concern on these.
    The first unit and the back light bleed
    [​IMG]

The current unit (same screen configuration)
    [​IMG]
    With pressure on the bezel
    [​IMG]
    And no pressure
    [​IMG]

Genuinely hope that this isn't the case for the correct one coming in the mail... I'm already flip flopping with the new 8th gen lineup releases haha... But it's such a beautiful machine and that kb...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  8. Paul16

Paul16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How do you think will HP make this laptop with new line of 8th gen cpu?

9. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's usually the main issue with IPS panels, they are very sensible to light-bleed. TN panels are much more forgiving.

Probably but no info yet.

I need some help guys. I'm upgrading the stock 120Hz blurry monitor to a PCGamingMasterRace Chi-Mei G32 but I need an UHD LCD Cable.
    HP Part # 940594-001
    When searching it in the US Parts Store it's readily available for order. But they won't ship outside the US.
    I can also find the part in the european store but can't add it to the shopping cart as it isn't available. Talked to a bunch of european resellers and none could help me out.
    Anyone know any HP parts resellers in the US that ship to the EU?

Thanks!

10. Alexrose1uk

Alexrose1uk Music, Media, Game

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,
    Sorry to jump in but I've got the Omen 17, rather than the Omen X, but does anyone know if the 144Hz screen will work with the Omen too, or is there some sort of BIOS Whitelist? (seriously, the Omen BIOS is diabolical for an enthusiast machine...)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...7050-4b36-bd9f-d3ab27c11b0e&priceBeautifyAB=0

Aside from the power cap on the 1060 being seemingly quite low and meaning I get power limited regularly, and the BIOS being rubbish, the screen is my only real complaint with the laptop, the response times drive me mad, so even with my 3 year warranty I'm seriously tempted to grab the screen if it'll just slot in...

I've already complained at HP about the screen, and honestly, if they turned round and offered me the upgrade for £100, I'd take them up on it, but can't even find the model on the UK HP Parts site, so at the price for the panel (~£65-70) I'm verrrrrrrrry tempted to just order.

Edit:
    Does anyone know anywhere cost effective to get the ODD sata daughterboard and cables for the Omen? My machine came without ODD, and I'd love to fit a HDD caddy and SSD in there on the unused slot. At the moment I just have a void in my machine!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018