HP Omen 15 - dc0051nr (new to market) i7 8750h + gtx 1060 thin bezel!

Discussion in 'HP' started by B0B, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    Hey Bob,

Is that bezel using clips or double sided tape or a mixture of both ?

2. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not sure I haven’t taken it apart yet. It’ll be Wednesday or Thursday before I can get to it.

Quadzilla likes this.
  3. jjsuperbadger

jjsuperbadger Newbie

Reputations:
    I got this one from the UK store last week. DC0022na is the model number. I was torn between the Gigabyte Aero 15x, MSI GS65 or Razer 15... but they’re all too much money for what they are. This beats out all of them at over £500 less for the same specs (plus g sync, which none of them have). I’m slightly stunned at the quality of this thing. The 144hz panel is the exact model number used in the Gigabyte Aero 15x and to my eyes looks great. Everything BoB said about the 1060 version and heat seems to apply to the 1070 version as well, but after a BIOS update (to a lower version than BoB got) it’s improved. I really can’t fault this. It’s a steal at the price in comparison to its competitors.

B0B likes this.
  4. Werty23

Werty23 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Bob. I'm contemplating repasting due to the high idle/light load temps. My load temps are fine after the undervolt (<85c). My laptop idles in the high 40's to low 50's Celsius, however. Did you notice any improvement in normal web browsing or light loads after you repasted? I'm used to laptops being in the 30's to low 40's with light loads. Thank you.

5. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try turning on “fan always on” in the BIOS.

6. timtx1

timtx1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey Bob or somebody with this HP Omen 15-dc0051nr laptop, could you do a powercfg /batteryreport from a command line and in the HTML it creates, could you tell me the max battery capacity (design capacity, full charge capacity) it reports. Mine has never been at 70,000 mWh, and it keeps going down with every charge. It was 68,499 then 68,413 and now 67,514.

7. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine is roughly the same. Odd isn’t it? This is a 70wh battery as per the box and my teardown. Clearly that means very little lol

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  8. timtx1

timtx1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Your last post cut off at "clearly that means." .What I found strange is that it has decreased over time. The design capacity value is decreasing along with the full charge capacity.

I chatted with HP support but they were useless. They said I could send it off for two weeks if I wanted. They wouldn't send me a new battery to try.

9. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey B0B. Please see my inbox regarding Event Viewer warnings? Should I be worried or concerned. Apparently it's a common warning on HP laptops? Please provide insight. Thank you.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. heraldo_jones

heraldo_jones Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey fam how good is the CPU performance of this one while on battery? Does it descrease so much? Only interested on CPU perfomance as I'm not a player. If anyone can throw to the thread some Cinebench results would be great. If you don't want to post them as I know some people are shy hehehe, fell free to PM me ;)