HP Omen 15 - dc0051nr (new to market) i7 8750h + gtx 1060 thin bezel!

Discussion in 'HP' started by B0B, Jun 12, 2018.

1. zeusthedino

zeusthedino Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone have problems with audio Latency? I produce music, and when using the program the audio always clicks and pops, I ran latency monitor and the DPC latency is much higher than my older machine. Ive updated bios, reinstalled windows twice, and still the latency is horrible.
    Here are my stats, it gets much higher
    https://i.gyazo.com/105b8804f6e9ca38fe8646a723868b20.png

2. pete962

pete962 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I get little less latency, but still too much, however at some point my CPU locked at 3.9 GHz and stayed there even at idle, not sure why (probably Win10 issue). When I ran latency test with CPU pegged at full frequency, all tests showed much lower latency. Somehow I fixed cpu issue, so now it goes down to 800MHz at idle, as it should, but I realized back then that it is one way to keep latency in check. You could try the same thing, get cpu to stay at higher frequency and one way to do this would be ThrottleStop (first thread in hardware forum) and probably you don't need full 3.9GHz, probably 2.5-3GHz should be good enough. I would suggest you set couple profiles and when not doing audio work, let it idle properly.
    I'm assuming you already set power settings to performance and disabled all MS "customer experience/spying tasks", because thats the first thing you should have done. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. geust123455

geust123455 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does that config still work for the omen 15 and how did you find your experience with it while gaming and how did you set it up?

4. cowdudeB

cowdudeB Newbie

Reputations:
    I purchased this laptop from Microcenter as an open box about 3 months ago and started to notice the last few weeks that when I start it up the battery is like around 90% or so. This is after sitting overnight. I shut it down every night after I use it and it is almost always plugged in while using it, although I don't leave it plugged in overnight. After a while when using it the battery is usually fully charged but not sure what could be causing the drain. I did do some updates about 2 weeks ago recommended by HP so I am not sure if that did something or what. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

karcho likes this.