HP Omen 15 - dc0051nr (new to market) i7 8750h + gtx 1060 thin bezel!

Discussion in 'HP' started by B0B, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Kristian Lalic

Kristian Lalic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hiya. Just wonder if your HP Omens experience a weird issue of being "sleepy"? Like my sleep timer is set to "Never" but oftentimes I find it sleeping when idle for a few minutes.

2. navytut

navytut Newbie

Reputations:
    Am planning to buy dc0085tx model. I don't game, I edit videos occasionally (1080p).
    Could anyone let me know the performance of this laptop in Premiere Pro and After Effects. Render times doesn't matter to me, am more interested in the actual editing performance like playback and scrubbing. My current setup stutters a lot in those areas.

Also, most of the time, the laptop uptime has to be around 12 hours continuous with just normal websurfing/youtube/movies. I see that this laptop gets heated up quite a bit. Would this activity for continuous 12 hours be ok or would it push the temps a lot?

My current laptop shuts down during rendering due to overheat. Does this happen in this laptop too?

3. technoboy

technoboy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi I just ordered one of these from Computer Upgrade King. From reading this forum it seems people recommend do a clean install of windows. My question is, do I need any of the HP software or can I just have windows fetch all the drivers?
    Thanks Jeff