HP Omen 15 - dc0051nr (new to market) i7 8750h + gtx 1060 thin bezel!

Discussion in 'HP' started by B0B, Jun 12, 2018.

1. karcho

karcho Newbie

Reputations:
    Hallo guys, i've just recived my Omen today gtx1060 i7 8750h 144hz fhd display, and i have a question about the temperatures
    gpu is 52 and cpu 51C' ,when just watching BOB on yt no gaming or anything...and in default mode....
    in spite od the fact that it is summer and its pretty hot 30-35C.. are these temperatures normal and can i do anything to change them?

2. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Completely normal to get 50-60 with even just chrome/internet explorer and watching YouTube vids especially with your ambient temps that side. Quite normal. Enjoy your laptop, let us know the temps of your CPU and GPU while playing a game.

3. lukechemistry

lukechemistry Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys - so i have the 2018 HP omen 15 with a fresh install of windows 10 and an updated BIOs. I'm getting a lot better temps now after updating the BIOs and undervolting, but my damn clock is totally messed up and fails to keep time properly whenever i put the computer to sleep or shut it down! I have to go into the date/time settings and toggle the update clock automatically for it to fix the time. I've tried going into the control panel and setting the server, clicking update server, and everything else i can think of. If i shut the computer down at 1:30am, and turn it on 12 hours later, the clock will say 1:30am.

Anyone else experiencing this issue on their end? Thanks for any help!

4. ak1119

ak1119 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey karcho, would you mind confirming whether the color depth on your display is 6 bit or 8 bit (it's under advanced display settings under Display in the control panel). I picked up the $999 version from Microcenter with the 60hz display, and I'm having an issue where certain shades of blue and gray show some faint horizontal lines, resulting in larger fields of these colors (for instance, lots of the solid blue areas of Win 10) looking striped/textured rather than solid. I've found a few comments about this issue online, without much resolution, but it sounds like it could be an issue with my display having 6 bit color depth, so I'm wondering it upgrading to the 144hz display might resolve this. Apparently it's an issue that might also just have to do with an individual person's eyes and what they're sensitive to, so I'm at a bit of a loss whether I have a faulty display, whether I need an upgrade, or if I'm just out of luck and maybe need to think about returning.

5. karcho

karcho Newbie

Reputations:
    temperatures while gaming are in the middle 80C , memory utilization is 25% at startup it is kinda weird but it looks like chrome is using most of the ram
    @ak1119 its 8bit

6. Rzarect0r

Rzarect0r Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone seem to get choppy performance even though your FPS counter is showing a steady 60 FPS? I've been playing Fortnite/PUBG/Black Ops 4 beta, and while all of these games run at 60+ fps, some moments definitely feel more choppy than others (same framerate).

Going to test a few setups, see if it's a throttling issue, the drivers are the latest and I've updated the BIOS as well, CPU also seems to be running at 3.9GHZ all the time while playing, it's not unplayable but definitely noticeable.

7. Kristian Lalic

Kristian Lalic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi ya. Just wonder if the Omen Command Center's MACRO buttons are working on your apps. I have the Reactor mouse as well but the macros seem to be not working at all.

8. Sir Punk

Sir Punk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That panel has 220 nits, correct?

9. Chamaka

Chamaka Newbie

Reputations:
    I had strange shuttering/ random lag issue in every game . Then I clean install windows. Now laptop works perfectly