HP Omen 15 - dc0051nr (new to market) i7 8750h + gtx 1060 thin bezel!

Discussion in 'HP' started by B0B, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimsteve80

jimsteve80 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. kmccb

kmccb Newbie

Reputations:
    So I’m looking for a laptop to do basic video editing which may progress to more.. right now it would just be making highlight videos of my kids sports..

I don’t game (have a PS4 for that) so wondering if this will be a good fit for my needs. Not worried about exact color or whatever that is that most people bring up when talking about video and photo editing.

Planned on getting this tomorrow but curious about what opinions are for using this as a video editing rig. Worried about all the talk of super loud fans and heeeeeeeat.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Kristian Lalic

Kristian Lalic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hiya. I updated the Nvidia graphics driver a few days back and I cant seem to find the G-Sync option in the nvidia control panel. Anyone having the same?
    (dc-0022na)

4. jcrazyblue4u

jcrazyblue4u Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Christian how are the thermals with the 1070, BTW is the 1070 full fat or the maxq version? I'm pretty much interested to find out... Did you find the gpu thermal throttle?

----
    Does it really matter what you carry if you can't use it to its maximum potential?

5. timtx1

timtx1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm the same way. I use my PS4 for gaming. Although, I did just get the $199 HP Mixed Virtual Reality headset and I'm trying that. I use gaming laptops for video and photo editing. I like having just one machine that can do basic tasks unplugged on the couch, plus more powerful things when plugged in.

I think this works great for that purpose. It might get a little louder than a desktop depending on the cooling choices made for the desktop but it's not bad. At least the fans aren't high-pitched so the sound doesn't bother me as much as the Dell G7 or Dell XPS did. This gives you the power of a desktop, with the flexibility of a laptop.

kmccb likes this.
  6. kmccb

kmccb Newbie

Reputations:
    Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I picked it up today and can’t wait to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. timtx1

timtx1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Glad I could help. Check out the YouTube review by OWNorDisown for a Throttlestop tweak that I liked. It boosted the machine by another 10% while maintaining lower temps. Also, make sure to update to the latest BIOS. It'll increase your fan noise a bit but it makes a big difference with thermals. And, turn off the "fan on all the time" setting in the BIOS if you want it silent when unplugged (other than the noise of the hard drive). Turning that off though probable causes the fans to kick on more abruptly when needed but I personally prefer it because they're usually silent when I'm surfing on the couch. Hope you like it.

8. kmccb

kmccb Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you use an external monitor when doing your video/photo editing? If so, which do you use? Thanks again!

9. kmccb

kmccb Newbie

Reputations:
    After installing Windows 10 fresh, what is suggested to install other than drivers, from HP?

10. beer354

beer354 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know of a good cooling pad or something that sticks underneath the laptop so I don't block the fans?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.