HP OMEN 15 and 17 owners lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by tweake628, Aug 23, 2017.

1. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thats
    That's true! What would you consider low performance ram tho? I don't see many laptops with ram faster than 2400 with most being at 2133. Mine thankfully came with two 2400s but I know that at least desktop ram can go way higher.

2. ti5i

ti5i Newbie

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Omen 17 user here, bought it in november. even with a 100mA undervolt, this thing still shuts itself down due to overheating while playing. Had to resolve to underclocking to 2.3GHz to keep the computer from shutting down (And even then it does so ocassionaly). Turned that off for the sake of this picture and my idle max is that god damn high. What a joke honestly

3. tweake628

tweake628 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    wow its shutting off that's bad I would send it back . I have mine all stock and never hit more then 92c and that was after gaming for 3 to 4 hours in one shot .at 90c the second fan spins up but only for like 5 min then would go back to low .the left fan was on full bore . I hope you get that fixed …….what good is a gaming pc you cant game on :(

4. ti5i

ti5i Newbie

Reputations:
    Update to my situation: Replaced thermal paste, 2 days of okay temps (no more thermal throttling)
    fast forward to today, the battery is dying, the maximum capacity in the diagnostic tool is literally cut apart, only got a maximum of 40% of the total capacity; contacted support and i'm to send it to them to replace it. Really f*cking hating this laptop, most likely going to sell it after I get it back

5. ti5i

ti5i Newbie

Reputations:
    Double posting real quick: Could someone do a quick battery diagnostic and take a picture of the results, so that I can compare the battery information? Thanks!

6. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey, if you still need it could you elaborate on what you mean by battery diagnostic?

7. tweake628

tweake628 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  8. prosetheus

prosetheus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey!

I have the Omen 17 rx 580 version and have a couple of questions.

1: Did anyone manage to Hackintosh one of these? Since it has a rx 580, it would make a great match for a hackintosh machine.

This is the only resource I've found, but I feel that the rx580 version would be ideal.

2. I'm on driver version 18.8.1 (the later one that came in August), but in Radeon display driver settings, it says that my display does not display freesync. I clearly remember having it on in the previous driver versions. Any help with that?

Much thanks in advance