HP OMEN 15 and 17 owners lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by tweake628, Aug 23, 2017.

1. dingod

dingod Newbie

Reputations:
    Just picked up an Omen 17 (1TB +128SSD) 1060 with 12GB RAM. Absolutely loving it.

I'm having problems finding a backpack for it and was wondering in anyone has found something that fits it? I dont really want a handbag style.

Cheers.

2. 98sahara

98sahara Newbie

Reputations:
    I undervolted to -140 mV and was there with my new model Omen

I repasted today and PUBG on ultra everything I was at 73 max GPU and 82 max CPU. Before Gpu was higher 70's and CPU was 90's.

3. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You got the latest Dragon style HP Omen 17? The one with one hinge for the screen? Those temps are fantastic. Which paste are you using and how did you apply it?

4. GreatD

Reputations:
    What Graphics Card? And CPU? I can only dream of getting temps as low as you... Well done :)

5. 98sahara

98sahara Newbie

Reputations:
    One hinge, correct. Arctic Silver 5

I7-7700HQ, GTX 1070

GreatD likes this.
  6. Donzors

Donzors Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Guys!

Had a couple of questions. I recently purchased the 15" with i7 and 1050ti. It's the one you can usually find at Bestbuy. See here.

1. I've noticed some microstuttering in some games (Elite Dangerous). Is this because I'm running my library from the mechanical harddrive? Previously, I was using a desktop with an SSD and thought this difference might be causing this.

2. My cpu temps are high (~94C) when playing any game that uses the Frostbite Engine (ME:Andromeda, BF1, Battlefront II) causing considerable fan noise. Is it generally accepted that you need to do a re-paste out of the box for a quieter computer? Undervolting and lowering the power profile helps a little with Andromeda. Are there any good guides specifically for re-pasting the Omen models?

Thanks!

7. tweake628

tweake628 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i do get some microstutters in bf1 but that's it but i have the rx580 .but 94c is high i have never gone past 90c in Andromeda after hours of playing . i do plan tp repast it some day

8. GreatD

Reputations:
    The I7 7700HQ is a hot chip. It normally runs at mid 90's if insufficiently cooled. Most HP Omen have insufficient cooling I have found out. I sent my laptop in to assessed as it's overheating and freezing. Slow boots as well so will see what the technicians say? I have the earlier model that looks like the pavilions. The newer models do have improved cooling though. I now have to wait and see.

9. tweake628

tweake628 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i hope all works out for you .let us know what happens .

10. Gursimran82956

Gursimran82956 Notebook Consultant

Reputations: