HP OMEN 15 and 17 owners lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by tweake628, Aug 23, 2017.

1. 88elite88

88elite88 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes it's a 1070 version

But still to my question, there isn't really any smaller charger that is more comfy to carry around than what I have now, is there?! I really dont mind if smaller size charger will make my charging time longer than the original one.

And regarding the existance of the 2.5" SSD Slot, do I really have to call them? I mean anybody here that have the same product number i.e. 17t-w100 CTO as I do perhaps that knows and have experience with this?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. Mattamoe

Mattamoe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone have the:
    OMEN by HP 17-an019na
    It would cost me £1540, about the same as an Alienware 15 R3 with identical specs for the most part.
    But I have a few questions. Is the thermal throttling issue that is present in the 15 r3, a problem the Omen suffers with?
    Also is the included 250gb SSD NVMe or Sata?

3. FaustKnight

FaustKnight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I picked one of these up this week ( ap020nr ) because Microcenter had an open box model marked down to $1700.

7820k, 1080, 16GB (2x8) and the 120hz screen.

Games really well, no issues in anything I've played and the KB is top notch. It does have a crappy Realtek wifi card that will need to be swapped out, otherwise I'm digging it.

Haven't opened it up to repaste because I'm not having any thermal issues, but did use XTU to undervolt by 100mv and set all cores to 4.1. No stability issues as of yet.

I plan to upgrade to 16x2 2800 XMP modules, if I can find them.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  4. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Realtek Card is a pain to replace, it's under the mb.

5. FaustKnight

FaustKnight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, saw that in the reviews. Not a huge deal, I worked for Dell WUR for years and have torn down more laptops than I can count.

Did a little bit of tweaking and upped my FireStrike score to 17.6. I'm pretty happy here. No throttling at all when playing pretty intensive games(Wildlands, Ark, etc).

6. 98sahara

98sahara Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone running the new (or relatively new) 17t? I got one, 16gb Ram, 256 SSD, I7-7700HQ, GTX 1070, and was wondering what other people are running like temp wise. I am considering repasting.

7. 88elite88

88elite88 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry if this is out of your topic, but I'm just curious is your charger bigger in size wise (say about 10"ish x 5.5"ish)
    And quite heavy too?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. 98sahara

98sahara Newbie

Reputations:
    Its 7” x 3-1/2” and somewhat heavy

9. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My laptop feels like it's getting hot while gaming. I had to use throttlestop to reduce turbo to 3.3 GHz with 4 cores active instead of 3.4. Temps are between 85 and 91 Degrees C°. Is this acceptable for the old model HP Omen 17 i7 7700HQ? I also undervolted to -120 mV

10. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Idle: CPU between 45 and 50°C degrees and load 85 to 96°C you will be looking at.
    Idle: GPU 50°C and Load 75°C to 85°C degrees.

HP is known to run hot and the fans only start to go to max load when Temp of laptop CPU go to the 90's C°