HP OMEN 15 and 17 owners lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by tweake628, Aug 23, 2017.

1. gatewayfx

gatewayfx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I purchased my notebook about this time last year. The discounts were incredible. Make sure you check cashback websites as well.

Anyways, I'm running a RTX 2080 with the 200w vbios and i7-9870H -150mv undervolt.

After a repaste last week I must be consuming more than 330w while playing BFV. My battery charge slowly declines (about -1%/10min) while I'm plugged into an outlet with a 330w power supply on performance mode lol

2. BlodyMonky

BlodyMonky Newbie

Reputations:
    @gatewayfx

Did you purchase directly from HP's website? I've asked two different HP agents and gotten the same answer: all HP Omen 17t cb100 laptops come with a 200W PSU, even when ordering the RTX 2080 Super (the 200W power supply is enough for the highest specs they say).

I'm guessing they're both wrong and it really comes with a 330W, but it's frustrating that I keep getting the "200W" answer from them.

3. OneSickOmen17t

OneSickOmen17t Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any 2080 Super should come with the 330w charger. Even seen ones with the i7 come with it. Not just i9/2080 Super combo like mine. Remember these are full size cards 150w. There is also a vbios reflash of 190w or 200w. Although that is not HP OEM genuine vbios.

4. OMEN 17-cb0009nl

OMEN 17-cb0009nl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes only GTX2070 & 280 have G-Sync. That's a known fact from previous 2019 Omen models.

5. OMEN 17-cb0009nl

Reputations:
    My OMEN 17" with RTX2070 (2019) comes with a 230W powebrick wich is more than enough. So 2080 comes with at least that, if not more.
    Whatever is, the powerbrick that comes with your model will be adequate for it to work at full performance (exept for modded GPU vbios, but that is not a HP problem).

6. OMEN 17-cb0009nl

Reputations:
    New BIOS (F.35 Rev.A) is out for my OMEN-17, 2019 model

- Provides improved security.
    - Provides improved system stability.
    - Provides support for systems running Windows v10 20H2.

Anyone tested it yet?

7. Barbadadost

Barbadadost Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys

Do you know for an alternative screen fro my hp omen

15-dh0013nm laptop

au optronics b156han08.2 screen

Can be 60 hz as well or 120...

Thx

8. Burrick

Burrick Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm pleased to report that F35 and all other available updates seem to work together pretty well. Nice new feature: Omen Command Center is now Omen Gaming Hub, and the inoperative overclocking tab is now Undervolting. It includes a automatic setting which works well. I had to reduce my -.125 to -.10 after Windows 2004 for some reason, and it's still stable after all these updates. The OGH automatic process rebooted a few times (have to log in each time) until it crashed, and it settled on -.08V which I suppose is pretty conservative. I'm still using Throttlestop only to turn on SpeedShift to reduce idle load and my gaming mode 38X multiplier limit to keep temps under 90 while the 2080 is spooled up. Oh, and if you're wondering, it's undervolting core and cache together, as reported in other utilities.

Another winner: Omen Light Studio gives significantly more control over the keyboard lighting, which I was missing. Breathe, wave, there's quite a lot to play with. The OGH lighting tab will redirect you to this.

HP impressed me with this one and it's a very nice improvement to the functionality of this machine.

I will ask anyone who knows so I don't have to check: I did update Nvidia to 457.30. Have people gotten the USB-C display adapters working yet? Now that the machine is a year old and I know how to keep CPU temps under control, I may become more interested in the 190W vBIOS mod.

9. Burrick

Burrick Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Okay, problem with my original post: It turns out that OCC had always been Performance mode 90W continuous. Now, it's 90W, 28 sec, fall back to 65W. Terminating OGH allows it to be brought back to steady 90W with XTU. Since I need OGH for the fan control, I'm going to try disabling the underlying xtu service it uses and then revert back to throttlestop only. I'll update as it develops.

10. OMEN 17-cb0009nl

Reputations:
    I've updated mu BIOS to F.35 too. All is well.

On a side note, the automatic undervolting option in Omen Gaming Hub (OGH) is pretty garbage.....it only puts my CPU on a -0.75 V (probably a standard HP setting?).
    I have been undervolting my 9750H up to -0.144 mV and it has always been rock-stable for over a year now.
    So I reverted back to ubdervolting using TS and I would raccomend all to do the same if they want CPU temperatures under control.